Welcome to Adlington Primary School
The school was opened in 1909 to cater for children living in and around the parish of Adlington within the Macclesfied district of Cheshire. It forms an important focal point for the local community. An extra classroom was added in 2000 and an office and headteacher's room in 2003. The building is attractive and full of character and is maintained to a high standard. Each of the four classes has a separate classroom.
A central hall provides space for physical education, music, drama and assemblies. There is a large playground, a playing field and a car park for the use of staff, parents and visitors to the school. This pleasant rural site is surrounded by pastureland.
- Provide a happy, caring and stimulating environment for all members of the school community.
- Promote high standards of learning, achievement and behaviour
- Offer a broad and balanced curriculum to challenge and stimulate our pupils. We aim to achieve a curriculum where mathematical, physical, artistic, scientific, moral, linguistic and spiritual experiences have equal importance.
- Place great emphasis upon the quality of learning and achievements of the children.
- Through interaction with other children and adults, children will develop social responsibilities in keeping with the ethos of the school.
- Enable all learners to develop independence, knowledge and understanding to fulfil their potential
- Respect the rights and views of other people and to value and celebrate diversity.