|Belfield Community Primary School|
|Samson Street, Belfield, OL16 2XW, UK Rochdale|
+44 (0)1706 341363
At Belfield, the school community seeks to support children on their journey of life-long learning and in their pursuit of personal excellence, whilst caring for and respecting others.
- To create a happy school environment
- To help our children to learn that courtesy, good manners and consideration for others are very important qualities.
- To ensure a command of basic English and an ability to communicate with other people.
- To encourage an enjoyment of reading.
- To develop a knowledge and understanding of basic mathematical operations.
- To develop an awareness of the heritage around us through cross - curricular, thematic studies.
- To encourage scientific curiosity and organise observational operations.
- To teach skills in handwriting, handicrafts and other creative arts.
- To encourage an appreciation of beautiful things.
- To provide an enjoyment of physical activities, drama, movement and mime, and to teach basic recreational games skills.
- To establish an environment within which teaching and non teaching
This covers English, Mathematics, Science as core subjects and further foundation subjects of history, geography, technology, music, art and P.E. All schools must also provide for Religious Education. There are clearly defined programmes of learning which set out what will be covered at each age group and sets of attainment targets which show what children should achieve. These are available in school.
The school will also ensure when ever possible there is a community input into the teaching content to emphasise the relationship that exists with the school and its neighbourhood.
Your child will have the opportunity to take part in most major sports and some team events during the school day or in After School Clubs.
Physical Education and dance are an integral part of the National Curriculum and as such are a compulsory and important aspect of your child’s education.
The development of co-ordination, physical well being, and bodily awareness is vitally important to the all round growth and development of the pupil.
primary schools in Rochdale,
secondary schools in Rochdale,
schools in Rochdale