Chew Magna is a fully maintained Primary School serving the beautiful village of Chew Magna and the surrounding area. There has been a school here for the past three centuries and the present buildings have been in use for just over one hundred years. During this time various modernisations have taken place, and recent improvements ensure that the school is able to deliver a modern and forward-looking curriculum in pleasant surroundings.
Chew Magna Primary School aims for all children to….
• Have equal access to a broad, exciting curriculum, differentiated to meet individual needs.
• Enjoy high quality teaching, supported by a range of excellent resources in a safe, stimulating environment.
• Develop the skills of resilience, resourcefulness, reflectiveness and reciprocity and thereby actively share the ownership of their learning.
• Challenge themselves to achieve their personal best in all areas of the curriculum, making consistent progress every year.
• Think creatively, be confident to take risks and share their ideas with others.
• Learn the value of friendship and demonstrate thoughtful behaviour at all times, showing kindness and consideration toward the feelings of others.
• Be aware of the values and beliefs of others whilst also exploring their own emotional and spiritual self.
• Be empowered to make wise, informed choices.
• Understand the importance of a healthy lifestyle and learn how to take personal responsibility for their own well-being.
• Take responsibility for their own environment understanding that their actions now will shape the world of their future.
Our Golden Rules
Children are encouraged and expected to live and work together safely and happily.
To support this aim the school has a strong ethos for developing positive behaviour.
The Golden Rules are:-
Do be kind and helpful
Do be gentle
Do work hard
Do be honest
Do look after property