|In spite of what others might have you believe, |
mine is "mens sana in corpore sana"
(a sound mind in a sound body) !
"Dost thou love life? Then do not squander time
for that's the stuff life is made of."
- Benjamin Franklin
The following mission statement is an expression of my personal philosophy and a description of the purposes and goals of the New Millennium Ride.
Developed over twenty years of teaching and a lifetime of exploration, this statement is constantly being redefined, honed, and tailored for flexibility to fit both "universal truths" and surprise exceptions.
The New Millennium Ride's Mission is to:
- stimulate and support intellectual inquiry through in-depth, complex thinking that values equally exploration, assiduity, reflection, collaboration, response-ability, and accountability;
- teach respect for oneself, for others and for the environment; celebrate the gift of the individual and the strength that comes with unity and cooperation;
- take advantage of and promote opportunities to appreciate and respond effectively to the many perspectives inherent in the pluralistic societies of our world;
- encourage a learning environment that welcomes questions, nurtures innovation, and applauds risk-taking;
- encourage the middle path - the path of balance, of simplicity in material things;
- stay the course of right behavior - teach by example: look to the future, plan work, work the plan, and live today accordingly;
- and, leave happy tracks wherever we go.