Eagley School was founded in about 1793 and housed on Hough Lane. It was known as Eagley Bridge School. About 1850 the “new” Eagley Mills School was built, financed by James Chadwick and his brothers, the then owners of Eagley Mills. One hundred and twenty pupils, with ages ranging from five to fourteen years, moved into this school which was situated in School Street.
Gradually, over time, the older children moved into new premises, first the high school pupils to Turton High School and then the junior pupils to Eagley Junior School. Only the infant children remained and so the school became known as Turton-Eagley Infant School, by now financed by Lancashire County Council and then on reorganisation in 1974 by Bolton Metropolitan Borough. In August 1975 staff and pupils transferred to the present building and the name of the school changed slightly to Eagley Infant School.