Egglescliffe is a very successful and lively school.
We believe in offering the highest quality education, both in the classroom and through our extensive extra curricular activities. We value good relationships between staff and pupils, placing a high premium on our friendly, purposeful atmosphere. Good behaviour, hard work, student participation and partnership with parents are all central to our high levels of achievement.
We are an ambitious school and our acheivements have been widely recognised.
Our GCSE results have been above 75% 5A*-C grades for the last two years. Our two inspection reports (1996 & 2000) were identified, by the Chief Inspector of Schools in his annual report, as amongst the best in the country. In Nov. 2005 the latest Ofsted inspection rated the school as "outstanding". We were a Beacon School 2004-2005 and achieved a 4th re-designation as an Investor in People organisation in Spring 2006. We have a range of awards including an Artsmark Gold, a Sportsmark, an International School Award and we are an Enterprise Pathfinder school. We were designated a specialist school for the Performing Arts in 1999, one of only 29 in the country at that time. In 2003 we were given the Anne Rumney Award, by the Technology Colleagues Trust, for being the best Arts College in the country. In 2006 we were designated a Lead Creative School.
Egglescliffe is committed to:
Egglescliffe school seeks to help all individuals to:
- Giving everyone the opportunity to achieve his or her full potential
- providing support, care, and guidance for each person as a valued individual
- creating an active partnership with the local community
- working in an attractive, stimulating and safe environment
- form successful personal relationships
- understand their strengths and weaknesses
- build self esteem and self confidence
- develop a sense of responsibility
- understand the importance of qualities such as honesty, reliability, self discipline, tolerance, respect and concern for others
Egglescliffe school seeks to provide a curriculum which:
Egglescliffe School actively encourages:
Modern Facilities and Resources
- Eight networked computer rooms, including a multi-media room, all with Internet access and E-mail.
- Sixth form common room, study rooms and PC suite.
- Re-furbished and computerised Library and Resources Centre, with new book stock, multi-media PCs and sixth form reference section.
- A Music suite with recording studio, PC suite for composition, rehearsal area and practice rooms.
- Modern, well equipped dining rooms with contemporary furniture supporting the drive towards healthy eating.