At George Salter Collegiate Academy we work hard to put into practice the principle that the education of every child is of equal value. We have high expectations of all our students. As well as academic success, we aim for the development of caring young people who are prepared to take on the responsibilities and opportunities of adult life.
We are proud of our school and the community of which it is part. We offer high quality education for all our students in a safe and caring environment.
The school as a community:
• values the quality of relationships;
• intends that its work should reflect and build upon the cultural and individual richness of the community;
• places equal value on the education of all learners, believing that all students are entitled to a curriculum, which is broad, balanced, relevant and coherent;
• accepts that we are all learners – teachers, students and the rest of the community;
• believes that learning is enjoyable and that education is a lifelong process.
We are firmly committed to promoting access and equality for all. As a multi cultural community we aim to ensure that our curriculum and general ethos reflects the rich and varied experiences of its population. Its general principles oppose racism and encourage positive attitudes to all regardless of race, gender, social class or sexual orientation. We fully endorse Sandwell’s equal opportunities policies.
We believe that all students are capable of success and we are committed to giving further support, if and when it is needed. Our school provides an enduring foundation upon which our students can build for the future.