Introduction by Alison Barnes, Chair of Governors
It is with great delight that I have taken on the role of Chair of Governors at Ilfracombe C of E Junior School. This has presented itself as a wonderful opportunity for me to be directly involved in the development of our school as a 'Positive Learning Community'
But what exactly does this mean for our children's education?
It means -
- everyone, adults and pupils alike value the power of life long learning
- the taught curriculum is continually being evaluated and refined to ensure that it is both enjoyable and relevant
- key skills for life play a very important role throughout the school- eg. thinking skills, problem solving, reading, speaking and listening, relating positively to other people, research, etc.
- the spiritual and moral welfare of our pupils is continually being supported through - refection time, collective worship, circle time, health education, pastoral care, social and emotional learning centre base.
Our Governing Body is made up of:
- four Church Foundation Governors,
- two Devon County Council Governors,
- five Parent Governors,
- two Community Governors,
- one Teacher Governor and
- one Staff Governor.
Governors are elected to serve a four-year term. The Chairman of Governors, the Clerk, or any other Governor may be contacted at any time through the school office.
Mrs Alison Barnes, Parent Governor
Mrs Sarah McCarthy, Devon County Council
Mrs Clare Andrews, Parent Governor
Mr David Bridges, Parent Governor
Mrs Sharon Blackmore, Community Governor
Mrs Wendy Star Davis, Staff Governor
Mr Ivan Frances, Devon County Council
Preb Nigel Jackson-Stevens, Ex Officio
Mrs Lis Long, Teacher Governor
Mr Nicholas Pedlar, Church Foundation
Mrs Jane Perrin, Parent Governor
Cllr Frank Pearson, Community Governor
Clerk to the Governors
Mr Phillip Done