At Kings Road Primary School we actively encourage parents, friends and local community workers to come along and take part in school life. We value the links between the community and school and feel this partnership is strengthened by parents and other volunteers working alongside staff and children. If you wish to support or help the school in any way, please contact the school office (tel: 01245 256074). We really hope you enjoy working with us in our extremely happy school and thank you again for your continuing support.
Our school is a very vibrant place although it is still in a period of transition. Your support at this time is very much appreciated and in recognition of this we would therefore ask you:
* to be aware that there may be occasions when you are party to sensitive material about individuals or Kings Road Primary generally and to respect this with confidentiality
* to be supportive of the work we do here
* not to discuss anything you have heard in school with others
* to report any concerns immediately
* if you have ANY queries on ANY aspects of the school PLEASE ASK!
What will you be expected to do?
|* talk to the children
||* make resources|
||* play games|
|* art and crafts
|* support small groups of children
How can you help the teachers?
* follow instructions given to you by the teacher as closely as possible. If you are unclear about them, ask first
* help the children feel safe and secure
* show initiative and extend situations where and when possible
* talk to the children about their work
* listen to the children and respond with encouragement
* our school office is located at the Dixon Avenue entrance. All visitors are asked to collect a visitor's badge and sign the visitor's book here.
* coats can be hung up in the classroom in which you are working. It is advisable to keep your handbag and other valuables with you at all times.
* your class teacher will ask you if you require refreshment at breaktimes and bring it to you.
*it is helpful if you arrive 5 minutes before a session starts in order to talk to the class teacher about what you are going to be doing.
The school sessions are as follows:
Safety information & fire drill
Whilst the children are working with you they are under the direction of the teacher. The teacher is ultimately responsible for the health and safety of their class. If you are not sure about any safety aspect concerning something you are doing with your children, please check with the teacher before you proceed. Each teacher is responsible for getting their children to the designated fire unit and assembly point in an emergency or routine fire drill exercise. Please follow, closing all doors behind you.