Welcome to our school
I would like to extend a warm welcome to our website. On it we have tried to paint a picture of life here at Milngavie Primary School and Nursery Class. The website provides essential information and is updated regularly with upcoming events, activities, and items of interest. I hope you find it interesting, helpful and enjoyable.
Milngavie Primary is very much a part of our local community of Milngavie and everyone, pupils, staff, parents and friends has an important role to play in the life of our school.
We take great pride in creating a very caring, positive and stimulating community for children, staff, parents and visitors. I firmly believe that education is a partnership between school and home and that by working together we can ensure that our pupils’ learning experience is of the highest quality.
In partnership with parents we work to encourage positive attitudes in our pupils, we foster values such as respect, justice, integrity and compassion. We encourage our pupils to take responsibility and to develop an understanding of citizenship to enable them to become caring, considerate and responsible citizens of both the community and the world.
I do hope you will enjoy getting to know us better and become part of the life of the family of Milngavie Primary School.
Linda A Murphy
1. To provide a broad and balanced curriculum which reflects the 5-14 guidelines and builds on prior learning thus ensuring continuity andprogression.
2. To raise standards by raising the attainment and achievement of all pupils.
3. To promote effective teaching and learning by establishing a stimulatinglearning environment where creativity is fostered, pupils are motivated andencouraged and have high expectations of themselves.
4. To support pupils’ emotional, physical and social development and equipthem to face the challenges of the future by creating an environment inwhich every member of the school is valued.
5. To create a warm, welcoming, positive ethos in the school based onequality, fairness and mutual respect where achievements are celebratedand everyone has a sense of identity and pride in the school and whereeveryone in the school feels valued and parents are treated as true partners.
6. To provide a range of appropriate and effective resources to meet theneeds of the school and to offer appropriate opportunities for staff tofurther their professional development, thus enhancing teaching andlearning.
7. To provide effective leadership and a commitment to quality and excellence.