|John Nash Drive, Oaklands Park, EX7 9RZ, UK Dawlish|
+44 (0)1626 862939
Ratcliffe is a unique environment where the curriculum is structured around students’ identified needs to enable them to develop practical life skills, confidence and a sense of achievement and self worth.
We aim to:
We are committed to:
- Develop each student’s potential to learn and achieve.
- Encourage students to understand the consequences of their actions.
- Promote each student’s spiritual, moral, physical, social and emotional development and prepare them for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of life.
- Encourage students to become independent, responsible, accepting and caring people with respect for the beliefs and values of others.
- Developing each student’s confidence in his or her abilities and to value others as they are.
- Fostering positive relationships between staff, parents and students and involving parents and carers in the education and development of their child.
- Adopting a more creative approach to learning and teaching.
- Encouraging a sense of personal responsibility in our students for their work, behaviour and social development.
- Providing opportunities and experiences for students in order that they can increase their knowledge and understanding of the world through a broad, balanced, relevant, enjoyable, inclusive and rewarding curriculum.
- Increase students’ awareness of moral and spiritual values within a caring community and encouraging a sense of community pride.
- Working in ways that enhance students’ confidence and self-esteem by encouraging them to take pride in themselves and their school.
- Work in ways that ensures the health and safety of pupils and staff is paramount.
- Providing opportunities for students to make responsible choices within clearly defined boundaries, to appreciate the effects of their behaviour on others, enabling them to become responsible for their own actions and increasingly independent.
The school offers a good range of activities after school time to suit the ages and skills of all the pupils. There is a balance between free time and time for organised activities.
The school provides transport to activities off site, whilst activities on site are available if preferred. The school offers a youth club on site that the children can use during various times throughout the day. Activities include:- rugby, skateboarding, computer club and cinema trips.
An annual holiday is arranged, and last year children enjoyed either a trip to France, camping trip or a holiday in London.
The school also has a counsellor available for pupils to discuss any issues that are troubling them.
If any pupil requires specialist help then the school makes every effort to obtain this help.
All of the classrooms are well equipped with enough resources for all children. Each subject is taught by a specialist teacher and work is differentiated to meet the needs of each child. All of the teaching areas are furnished to a high standard.
There are 9 classes in total catering for children aged 8 – 16 years, with additional learning areas in the school.
We encourage our children to join clubs and activities that will develop their social skills.
Students are able to join in with a variety of sporting, craft and youth club activities as well as many activities off site.
We are currently pursuing refurbishment and re-modernisation of each of the house blocks. Dart and Exe have already been re-modernised and furnished to a very high standard.
It is anticipated that all house blocks will be completed to this high standard. The work continues!
primary schools in Dawlish,
secondary schools in Dawlish,
schools in Dawlish