We hope the information we have provided will give you an insight into school life. I must stress that web site is not finished yet and is a working project, therefore some of the planned pages may not have completed work on them. However we hope to be adding pages all the time - with input both from staff and children.
The aims of Shay Lane Primary School are listed below. They are not in any special order, but they reflect the caring ethos of the school, which constantly strives for excellence from all its pupils.
- To provide a stable, caring environment, in which everyone can feel welcome, valued, secure and respected.
- To prepare and equip children with the knowledge, skills and concepts that they need now and for the future.
- To ensure that children recognise their rights and responsibilities as members of a community, and abide by an agreed code of behaviour.
- To foster, stimulate and extend each child’s intellectual, social, emotional, physical and aesthetic development.
- To allow each child to reach their potential through an exciting, stimulating and varied curriculum.
- To encourage children to become independent learners and information seekers.
- To provide equal opportunities for all, regardless of age, sex, race, disability or cultural background, where differences are respected.
- To provide opportunities in which children can work and play together, and develop a healthy, patient, caring attitude to those around them and to their environment.
- To develop a partnership between parents, community and school, based on full cooperation, mutual support and respect.
- To develop a school in which all staff are valued, efficient, well motivated and are encouraged to contribute positively to the smooth running of the school, through an effective communication network.