|Shirwell Community Primary School|
|School Lane, Shirwell, EX31 4JT, UK Barnstaple|
+44 (0)1271 850295
WELCOME TO OUR SCHOOL!!!
Our school offers a friendly community, with small classes, where your child takes his or her first steps towards independence supported by a caring staff. We aim to educate each child to their potential, using our rich and beautiful environment to help them gain the skills, knowledge and understanding that will equip them for the future.
Our School is a place where we shall provide the highest quality teaching to enable the children to become independent learners who reach their maximum potential.
Our School is a caring community based on friendship, respect and trust, where everyone is valued.
Our School is a place in which all members of the school community can thrive, regardless of race, religion, culture, gender or individual need.
Our School is a place where every child will be helped to reach personal success.
We shall achieve this by:
- fostering the physical, intellectual, moral and spiritual growth of each child;
- providing a rich, varied and rigorous curriculum with equal access for all our children;
- creating a happy and stimulating environment which enhances learning across the curriculum;
- involving the wider community in which we live to maintain a positive community spirit.
The Devon approach to the curriculum will help all pupils:
- to develop lively, enquiring minds, together with a willingness to ask questions and
- to argue rationally;
- to think and act creatively and with imagination;
- to gain knowledge, skills and understanding appropriate to a fast changing world, so that they may be self-reliant and adaptable;
- to acquire in particular the enabling skills of literacy and numeracy;
- to develop an understanding of the past which will help them to live successfully in the present, and to plan intelligently for the future;
- to grow in confidence and independence, and
- to experience the value of co-operation;
- to understand the feelings of others, to respect their values and to consider thoughtfully their own attitudes, values and beliefs;
The school is organised into 2 classes.
The needs of all the children are met through careful planning and preparation of lessons.
- Class 1 : for the younger children - Reception, Year 1 and Year 2
- Class 2 : for the older children - Years 3 - 6
Each class has a timetable to ensure that each subject is allocated the correct proportion of time. We assess the work of each child to ensure that their activities take their work one step further along their studies. The whole class may be involved in the study of the Victorians but groups within the class will be working on a different aspect.
primary schools in Barnstaple,
secondary schools in Barnstaple,
schools in Barnstaple