|St Augustine`s Catholic Primary School|
|Hardy Avenue, DT4 0RH, UK Weymouth|
+44 (0)1305 782600
St. Augustine's School serves the parishes of St. Augustine's, Weymouth St. Joseph's, Weymouth and Our Lady and St. Andrew, Portland.
Our Catholic School encourages the integration of a pupil's intellectual, spiritual, moral, emotional, psychological, social and physical development thus assisting progress towards the fullness of life.
This school enjoys a popularity that is communicated through the parental network as well as through its parish role, with the majority of our pupils coming to the school as baptised Catholics.
The quality of education at St. Augustine's is rooted in the school’s mission statement and the philosophy of the education of the whole child - intellectual, spiritual, social and emotional development make up the school’s curriculum.
- to be happy and gain in confidence and self-esteem
- to be able to make informed choices
- to develop enquiring minds and to become self-motivated life long learners
- to be able to work independently and collaboratively
- to work towards full potential in all areas of school life
- to be supported in the continuation of their Christian journey
- to develop self-worth, respecting themselves, others and the environment
- to be flexible and adaptable for the modern world through technological awareness and expertise combined with an understanding of traditional means
- to develop self-discipline within a spiritual framework
- to value and care for others in work, rest and play
Our Catholic school encourages the integration of a pupil's intellectual, spiritual, moral, emotional, psychological, social and physical development thus assisting progress towards the fullness of life that comes from God.
The school has a policy to cater for the differing needs of children whilst they are learning. To meet the specific needs of pupils with medical conditions or learning difficulties, ‘Individual Education Plans’ by the staff in consultation with the parents and the Special Needs Co-ordinator of the school. Once a concern has been raised, the parents are invited to school to discuss an individual plan for their child with the appropriate staff. The parents are expected to be involved in the plan, its implementation and review.
The ‘Special Needs Code of Practice’ is a way of identifying the needs of children and meeting them, where possible, from the school’s resources. Some children may have specific needs that cannot be met wholly by the school, and will involve the intervention of the Local Education Authority or other agencies.
The school maintains a register of Special Needs and parents will be informed of any special provision that may be considered. A leaflet explaining the ‘Code of Practice’ will be given to the parents of all children on the school’s special needs register. If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact the school’s Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator, currently Mrs. Alison Fraser, who will be happy to help you.
- Design and Technology
- Information Communication Technology
- Physical Education
- Religious Education
primary schools in Weymouth,
secondary schools in Weymouth,
schools in Weymouth