Your Accommodation Options
The University has approximately 3,984 bedspaces situated either adjacent to or within easy travelling distances of the campuses. The accommodation comprises self-catered, single study-bedrooms with shared kitchen/dining room areas and shared or en-suite bathroom facilities.
All accommodation has:
- Gas/electric heating
- A current gas safety certificate from a CORGI registered engineer (if applicable)
- Smoke detection system
- Furniture that complies with the Fire and Soft Furnishings regulations
- UWE Transport pass included for certain sites (please see summary of properties)
- Sports Membership included for most sites (please see summary of properties). You have the option to opt out prior to signing your licence and you will be reimbursed at the end of your licence period.
- 24 hour emergency call-out service, run by Accommodation Services staff
New for 2007/2008 - now included in the weekly rent:
All accommodation is on or close to a main bus route, and all campuses are well served by public transport. From September you will have unlimited term-time use of a new quality bus network being developed by UWE. Travel will be offered on the new services at no extra cost and passes will be issued to you before the start of term.
UWE has asked local bus companies to develop plans for a high quality new bus network for all students and staff in Bristol, to commence operation in September. The aims of the new bus network are to:
- Connect all four Bristol campuses with each other, the city centre and Temple Meads;
- Serve the popular Gloucester Road, Filton Avenue, Fishponds and Southville areas;
- Run high quality, comfortable low-emission vehicles;
- Serve campus more frequently and later into the evening;
- Run at weekends and out of term.
UWE's travel plan will continue to develop, including looking at whether this network could be extended to other key destinations next year. In due course you will be invited to give your views and suggestions regarding this travel plan strategy to ensure we can continuously improve sustainable access to UWE.
There is no parking for cars or motorcycles at our city centre sites but bicycle storage is available. Parking across our campuses is very limited. You will need a permit to park on the campuses but this does not guarantee you a car parking space. Students living on Frenchay Campus (new Student Village and Carroll Court) will not be able to obtain a parking permit, but will be able to take advantage of the regular bus services.
There are a number of factors to take into consideration when making your choice, such as the location in relation to your campus of study, your preferred lifestyle, budget and access to facilities.
Sport and Fitness
The Centre for Sport on Frenchay Campus is a brand new facility which opened to Students in August 2006. We have benchmarked our prices against other universities, private gyms and local authority sites and are confident that the facilities we can provide at a minimal cost are one of the best in the West of England. Paying the nominal fee through your rent will enable you to..
save yourself a whopping £50 by paying for the Platinum membership through your rent agreement as we are able to provide this to you at 2006 prices!
full access to the state of the art fitness suite all day every day at no additional cost.
full access to all of the group fitness sessions at the centre at no additional cost. We have just added 'Spin' and 'Body Blitz' to our already comprehensive group fitness program. Please see your website for full listings www.uwe.ac.uk/sport
Free entry into our many fitness suite challenges which have proved to be very successful and offer members the opportunity to engage in social activities out of the gym environment.
- engage in community volunteering as part of the community volunteering program which will include some free sport kit for those taking part!
Visit our website for further information about the fantastic and exiting Centre for sport