History & Excellence
Why choose Aberdeen?
What can I study? (Undergraduate)
What can I study? (Postgraduate part 1)
What can I study? (Postgraduate part 2)
Where will I live?
How much will university cost?
Are there any scholarships?
What learning resources are there?
What about support for students?
Can I study abroad?
|King`s College, AB24 3FX Aberdeen|
Why choose Aberdeen?
Ten good reasons to choose Aberdeen
- The academic strength you would expect from a 500 year old university – yet right at the forefront for careers in the 21st century
- a thriving, cosmopolitan community with students from 120 countries set within a beautiful historic campus that has seen four Nobel Prizes being awarded for work carried out, or begun at the University.
- Degrees which are recognised and respected worldwide
- unique programme options with professional accreditation, plus the opportunity to study abroad in Europe or North America on many courses.
- Choice and flexibility
- it’s your degree and we believe it should be planned around you, with the freedom to plan your own programme of study from a wide choice of options.
- A proven track record for employment, with the best head-start your career can get
- our experience and connections can help secure that all-important first step on the ladder to a successful career. 97% of our students walk into good jobs, research posts or further study within six months of graduating.
- Opportunities to develop yourself and your interests
- not only academic qualifications to rival the best, but also personal, communication and teamwork skills to make you an all-round achiever in whatever you choose to do. We boast over 150 clubs and societies for students to join and offer excellent on-campus sports facilities.
- The very best learning resources
- We pride ourselves on providing the most up-to-the-minute learning resources to our students. Computing and library facilities are geared towards your needs and we are especially proud of our exceptional museums and special collections.
- A supportive community
- a self-contained friendly campus in a friendly city; we will do everything we can to help you quickly feel at home. Our support services rank with the best in the UK and we aim to make sure, right from the start, that you have access to any guidance you might need.
- First-class accommodation
- all new students are guaranteed a place in student accommodation, either on the campus or close by – so no need to set the alarm too early!
- A buzzing, friendly city that has it all
- Aberdeen is everything a student city should be and more! Historic, international, fashionable and friendly, Aberdeen is the perfect place to live and study. Aberdeen has recently been voted the best place to be a student in the UK by a leading accommodation website.
- We’re on the map!
- Aberdeen is probably closer than you think. Cheap and regular air, rail and bus connections will get you around Scotland, the UK and over to Europe in no time.
primary schools in Aberdeen,
secondary schools in Aberdeen,
schools in Aberdeen