About the University of Abertay Dundee
More than 10 Good Reasons to Choose Abertay
The Student Centre - Enhancing The Student Experience
Structure of the University of Abertay Dundee
Studying at Abertay
Sport at Abertay
|University of Abertay Dundee|
|Bell Street, DD1 1HG Dundee|
+44 (0)1382 308000
More than 10 Good Reasons to Choose Abertay
First for Courses & Facilities...
- Abertay offers world-leading courses in computer arts and computer games technology
- Abertay scored another world-first in 2006 with the launch of its degree in Ethical Hacking and Countermeasures
- In 2006 the School of Social and Health Sciences Psychology subject area and programmes were reviewed. The Panel identified the establishment and development of the physical space for both teaching and research as exemplary.
- Abertay is ranked as the best university in Scotland for its environmental research
- Abertay launched Scotland's first degree in computer arts, underpinning the creative industries sector that supports 600,000 jobs across Britain and contributes more than £20 billion to the UK economy
- We are one of the top universities in the UK for investment in IT facilities, and in Scotland for investment in library facilities
- Our Dundee campus has one PC for every four students
- Abertay launched Scotland's first degrees in bioinformatics and biotechnology, and is now a leader for teaching and industrially-relevant research and consultancy in environmental science
- 2004 was our 10th anniversary as the University of Abertay Dundee, but the Government first recognised us as an 'industrial university' as long ago as 1902
- We have launched ACE - the Abertay Centre for the Environment - Scotland's first centre of expertise dedicated to helping small and medium businesses tackle environmental issues
- We have an £8 million state of the art library fully networked for the digital age
- Over 1200 personal computers are available for student use - one of the highest proportions in the UK
- Abertay created Embreonix, Scotland's first graduate enterprise centre dedicated to helping students set up their own business
- Abertay established SIMBIOS, first research centre in Scotland to apply mathematical modelling techniques to environmental and biomedical processes
- In 2005 the brand new, purpose-built Student Centre, at a cost of £6 million was opened. It contains bars, Costa Coffee, a cinema, nightclub, shops and cultural exhibition space...
A True International Centre...
- The Fresh Talent Scheme allows eligible graduates to stay and work in Scotland for two years
- Dundee offers students excellent value for money and a low cost of living
- Dundee is a wonderful and scenic city in a beautiful location at the mouth of the River Tay
- Abertay has almost 5000 students, with over 4000 based on campus
- Around 73% of our students are from Scotland, 6% from Ireland, 4% from England and Wales, and 17% from overseas
- We are truly international: almost 70 nationalities are represented in our student community
- We have an average of 1 lecturer for every 17 students
- Abertay is one of the largest providers of UK degrees in Malaysia
- Abertay hosts DARE, the internationally renowned computer games design competition for students
- Abertay is consistently ranked in the top 10 modern universities by the Times Good University Guide
Sport & Recreation...
- Our women's football team has been so successful a 'Centre of Excellence' has been established in partnership with the Scottish Football Association
- Our Gaelic Sports Association enjoy regular success in the BUSA Championships
- The Abertay Sports Injury Clinic provides expert rehabilitation to sports performers or members of the public allowing them to get back to fitness in time for their next match
- Our Elite Athlete Development Programme has supported more than 30 international athletes in three years, including two world champions and five British champions. In the past year the programme has supported Hockey Player Vikki Bunce in attending the Commonwealth Games, Golfer Robert Taylor winning the Scottish University Golf Championships and Scott McKenzie being selected for both the Scottish Rugby League, Rugby Union and GB Rugby League Student Squads
- Our Rugby Union side were undefeated in their league campaign in 2005-06 and reached the 1/4 finals of the BUSA Plate Championships
- Abertay has been educating Scotland's workforce since 1888!
- Our sports performance laboratories are the most modern in the country fully allowing students to investigate the relationships between sport, health and exercise within today's society
primary schools in Dundee,
secondary schools in Dundee,
schools in Dundee