THE HISTORY OF AMBERGATE SCHOOL
In June1898, a new school opened in the small village of Ambergate.
100 years on, the school is still going strong. During the school's life there have been many changes to the building. In 1907 a partition was built between the classroom four and the hall. The car park at the front of the school building was once a garden which the school children looked after. In 1940, during the 2nd World War, air raid shelters where built in the playground. They were knocked down in 1985. Then in 1987 the terrapin was acquired to provide an extra classroom for the reception class. It was knocked down in 1998 to be replaced by a new classroom.
Click HERE to see old photos of the school
The school has raised ?526.96 for the NSPCC and ?40.00 for Book Aid.
Ambergate School operates a team points system. Children earn points for their team by working well the teams are called Pine, Oak, Beech and Ash.
FRIENDS OF AMBERGATE SCHOOL
A group of adults, mostly parents, are very active helping the school and raising money.