New Whittington Community Primary School
UNITY - CO-OPERATION - CARE FOR OTHERS
EFFORT - ACHIEVEMENT - PRIDE
"Working to be happy and succesful,
committed to EXCELLENCE"
- We will remember that for children to be 'happy' at school is not enough - they must be successful as well
- We will have high expectations of all our pupils and put their needs above all else
- We will measure success less in raw statistics and more in how much difference we 'add on' to a child between entering our school and leaving it
- We will use assessment to identify the skills and knowledge of pupils early, and target our teaching towards tackling weaknesses where they exist
- We will ensure our pupils know what they have to do next in order to make progress
QUALITY OF EDUCATION
- We will set the tone and our expectations for our children from their very first days in Nursery, and continue thereon until their last days in Year 6.
- We will value education and reward effort
- We will make our teaching and learning the finest available. We will allow nothing to compromise this.
- We will ensure a firm and secure grounding in essential skills of literacy and numeracy
- We will emphasise the importance of core curriculum, but not at the expense of ignoring the wider one
- We will make our curriculum both broad AND challenging, and rooted wherever possible in first-hand experience
- We will teach in a way which makes sense to pupils
- We will nurture creativity and inspire self-confidence
- We will create opportunity for children and release their potential
- We will iImprove everyone's ability to think creatively.
LEADERSHIP, MANAGEMENT AND GOVERNANCE
- We will work strategically and efficiently towards our goals
- We will make all communication clear, appropriate and timely
- We will continually affirm and apply our values and vision
- We will have a clear understanding of our strengths and weaknesses, with a forward-looking strategic plan for continuous improvement which we continually monitor - and revise where necessary
- We will supply reliable information upon which informed decision-making can be taken at all levels
- We will work to produce a united, high-performing and efficient team where everybody knows their roles and has the skills to do them to the highest standard
- We will delegate decision making and improve the leadership qualities of all staff
- We will keep governors involved and thus able to support us at all times
- We will use our budget and resources to tackle issues identified in the school improvement plan.
- We will work for a seamless progression and continuity in all we do and say
- We will work to match our happy school with success and not sacrifice happiness in the pursuit of success
- We will ensure children are listened to, and can work and play without being scared or bullied
- We will recognise every child as special, gifted and talented
- We will reward effort at whatever level and celebrate achievement
- We will recognise that partnership with parents is vital, and so work to inform them and encourage their assistance in their child's education
- We will reflect all that is best in the community and seek to strengthen ties with it
- We will strive for a 'can do' culture in our school
- We will include everyone at every level and welcome them in to the life and work of the school.