The aim or our pre-school is:
- To enhance the development and education of children under statutory school age in a parent-involving, community-based group
- To provide a safe, secure and stimulating environment
- To work within a framework which ensures equality of opportunity for all children and families.
We offer your child:
- A specially tailored curriculum leading to the early learning goals
- Individual care and attention made possible with the correct ratio of adults to children
- Fun and friendship with children and other adults
- The support of a personal key worker
- Opportunities for you and your family to be directly involved, in the activities of the group and in your own child's progress.
How Our Pre-School Runs
Puffins At Beer is Registered Charity operating under the umbrella of the Pre-school Learning Alliance. The pre-school is run by an elected Committee of parents, which ensures that major decision making is in the hands of the parents who use the group. All parents are encouraged to become involved with the running of the Pre-school and activities through the Committee and support whenever possible. Our fund raising activities are mainly held to raise funds to enable us to purchase both play and educational equipment for the children.
The Pre-school is well equipped and children are encouraged to develop their skills through their play in six main areas:
- Communication, language and literacy
- Personal, social and emotional development
- Knowledge and Understanding of the World
- Physical Development
- Creative Development