Buckfastleigh Primary School aims to provide, within a happy, friendly atmosphere, a safe, stimulating environment and a curriculum of the highest quality, which will enable children:
- To develop a sense of self-respect and individual worth, as well as the ability to co-operate with others.
- To develop lively, enquiring minds together with a positive wish to learn, to question, to argue rationally and to approach tasks intelligently.
- To fulfil their potential in acquiring knowledge and skills relevant in a fast-changing world and to be self reliant, disciplined and adaptable.
- To develop positive qualities of human feeling and imagination and an appreciation of human achievement and endeavour.
- To appreciate and explore a variety of natural, artistic and musical experiences, which reflect the cultural heritage of ourselves and others.
- To respect the religious, spiritual and moral values of others
and to consider thoughtfully their own attitudes, values and
- To understand that cultural diversity, race and gender equality are important fundamentals of good citizenship.
- To be aware of the environment and their own responsibilities within it.
- To raise and maintain standards and high expectations.
- To create a learning community that is self-sustaining, self-evaluating and continually evolving.