|Chestnut Drive, TQ5 0EQ, UK Brixham|
+44 (0)1803 857242
Welcome to our Healthy School!
We, at Chestnut Primary, are proud of our warm and friendly atmosphere and the team of dedicated staff who contribute to it.
Please enjoy our evolving website and do contact us with your ideas to help further improve its design and content. Help us to 'raise our phoenix from the ashes' and then we can all fly together!
We look forward to your contributions and becoming part of our happy and healthy school community.
Glenn Page, Headteacher
This is our mission statement. It underlies how the school is organised and how pupils, staff, parents and governors work together.
- Our primary purpose is to enhance the quality of learning for all children through the effective planning and efficient delivery of the curriculum.
- We believe that our first responsibility is to our pupils, to meet their needs and to provide the best possible education.
- We will provide a range of educational and social experiences appropriate to the age, ability and needs of our pupils.
- We will have consistently high expectations and support these with appropriate resources and effective learning strategies.
- We aim to help each child develop a belief in themselves, to learn the value of co-operating with others and have respect and consideration for all.
- We want parents to view the school and themselves as partners, who are involved in all aspects of their child's education.
- We will endeavour to create opportunities for every pupil, parent, member of staff and governor to develop their maximum potential.
- We will manage resources to ensure maximum educational benefit and the best possible value for money.
- We will create and sustain a learning environment that is stimulating and challenging to children of all abilities.
- We will adopt a philosophy of continuous improvement in every aspect of the school's work and life.
Chestnut Primary has 4 classes of mixed ages and abilities. Children who are identified with Special Educational Needs or who exhibit Gifted & Talented traits are given appropriate support from our Teaching Assistants and the Educational Advisers from our Local Authority .
- Class 1 (12 Reception & 14 Year 1 children) is taught by Mr. Bill Callaghan assisted by Mrs. Barbara Reeves & Mrs. Ellen Hellier.
- Class 2 (16 Year 2 & 12 Year 3 children) is taught by Miss Jenny Sherry assisted by Mrs. Helen Houcke, Mrs. Angela Murdoch & Mrs. Annie Mackie.
- Class 3 (16 Year 4 & 12 Year 5 children) is taught by Mr. Paul Adams assisted by Mrs. Sue Lund, Mrs. Yvonne Andrews & Mrs. Carole Tinkler.
- Class 4 (14 Year 5 & 15 Year 6 children) is taught by Mrs. Hilary Bligh & Mrs. Claire Thompson assisted by Mrs. Fiona Blee
primary schools in Brixham,
secondary schools in Brixham,
schools in Brixham