|Chittlehampton C E (Aided) Primary School|
|The Square, Chittlehampton, EX37 9QW, UK Umberleigh|
+44 (0)1769 540286
We aim to be a school where everyone is happy to work and strive to achieve their full potential.
We believe that education is concerned with the all round development of each child according to age and ability and provides the opportunity for children to develop their full potential as members of the community spiritually, morally, physically and intellectually.
As a Voluntary Aided Church of England School within the Diocese of Exeter we will always strive to enable every child to attain the highest possible standards in their education. We plan to achieve this through our aims and core values which have been developed, following consultation with parents, governors, staff and pupils.
The aims of Chittlehampton Church of England Primary School are to:
- Establish a Christian ethos of care and respect for everyone both in school and in the wider community
- Nurture and value each individual’s achievements, ensuring that everyone assumes responsibility for their own actions and is prepared to make a positive contribution in life
- Create a ‘can do’ culture where risk taking is encouraged and where there is no fear of failure
- Inspire lifelong independent learning
- Aspire to the highest possible standards of teaching and learning within an exciting broad and creative curriculum
- Provide a safe, stimulating, healthy and happy environment in which to learn
- Promote high expectations and enjoy high levels of achievement in all aspects of the curriculum and life of the school
- Fully develop effective and meaningful links with the home, the Church and the wider community
Here at Chittlehampton we have a flexible approach to children starting school. There is the option for children to start at the beginning of the Academic year before their fifth birthday. For children who are not quite ready for school then, particularly those with summer birthdays, there is the option for them to start part-way through the year.
To help the children settle into school life, we run an Early Years Group in the term prior to them starting school full-time. We work very closely with parents, recognising each child as an individual with varying needs. We find this approach very sucessful with children eager and ready to start school full-time at the beginning of term.
Visits to the school are actively encouraged. We believe that it is very important for parents to experience the atmosphere of a school and see it in action when choosing a school for their child.
Please contact us if you would like to arrange a visit. You will be most welcome.
primary schools in Umberleigh,
secondary schools in Umberleigh,
schools in Umberleigh