|Clyst Hydon Primary School|
|Clyst Hydon, EX15 2ND, UK Cullompton|
+44 (0)1884 277255
Welcome to the Clyst Hydon Primary School
We are a small rural Primary School in East Devon with two mixed-age classes. The mix of year groups within each class, together with the supportive environment created by the staff, governors, parents and the whole village community provide a learning environment within which each child can develop its potential.
Clyst Hydon Primary School provides a friendly, caring environment in which all parents are encouraged to play an active part. We provide a broad and balanced curriculum underpinned by the steady and effective development of literacy and numeracy. The curriculum promotes the spiritual, moral, cultural, mental, social and physical development of the children, preparing them for the opportunities and experiences of later life. We believe that parents are partners in helping us to achieve, support and maintain our standards. We are committed to working for quality and equality of opportunity.
Clyst Hydon Primary School aims:
- to provide a friendly/family atmosphere in which mixed age classes foster mutual support and respect and every achievement is valued.
- to encourage independent learning in an environment where all children will enjoy reaching the highest standards they can achieve.
- to provide a broad and balanced curriculum, rich in learning opportunities and providing equal opportunity for all children to achieve their full potential.
- to provide teaching that makes learning interesting and challenging, enabling each child
- to think creatively, solve problems and communicate effectively.
- to provide a secure environment where all children are able to develop self-confidence and independence.
- to foster an awareness of others, encouraging the children to play a full part in the life of the school and to become responsible citizens in the wider community.
- to promote an inclusive community of different racial, cultural and religious groups where diversity is celebrated.
- to offer opportunities for spiritual reflections and questions.
- to promote a healthy lifestyle and the wellbeing of children through PSHE, physical activity and through other areas of the curriculum.
- to ensure that Clyst Hydon primary School is an integral part of the Clyst Hydon Village Community.
Children are taught in two classes. Reception, Year 1 and
Year 2 are in the Key Stage 1 class taught by Mrs Mandy
Smith. Years 3, 4, 5 and 6 are in the Key Stage 2 class,
taught by the Headteacher, Mrs Howard and Mrs Schulz. The
KS2 class is split for 4 mornings enabling us to concentrate
on Literacy, Numeracy, Information and Communications
Technology (ICT) and Personal, Social and Health Education
(PHSE) with smaller groups. The children derive great benefit
from working alongside differing age groups and support
and encourage each other. Work in both classes is
differentiated according to the needs of the children.
Our Teaching Assistants work with the KS1 class and support
children with Special Educational Needs, Science, PE,
Technology and ICT within KS2.
We teach the National Curriculum; the core subjects are
English, Mathematics, and Science; the foundation subjects
are Information and Communications Technology, Religious
Education, Design and Technology, Geography, History, Art,
Music and Physical Education.
Statutory Assessment Tests and Assessments are in late
spring and early summer for Year 2 children in Key Stage 1.
In Key Stage 2, the year 6 children sit Statutory Assessment
Tests during the second week in May.
primary schools in Cullompton,
secondary schools in Cullompton,
schools in Cullompton