|Curledge Street Primary School|
|Curledge Street, TQ4 5BA, UK Paignton|
+44 (0)1803 557726
We consider that, despite its size, Curledge Street is a close-knit community in which everyone is encouraged to respect each other and the things around them. These expectations are at the heart of our community charter.
We aim to make our school an open, friendly and happy place where everybody works together to make the most of what they have in an environment where they can achieve their best in all that they do.
We are proud of the achievements of our children whether those achievements are academic, physical, social or creative.
The School Councillors represent the views of their fellow pupils and we take their views very seriously.
As parents, you form a very important part of part of our community and we welcome visits from you. We look forward to working with you in a trusting, positive and mutually supportive relationship.
We want our children to be enthusiastic learners, enjoying their time at school, and hope that you will work together with us to achieve this aim.
At Curledge Street Primary School we aim to:
- Make a safe environment where we all feel confident enough to take risks and voice our own opinions.
- Develop our independence as we try to reflect on our work and become enquiring learners.
- Encourage a growing awareness of the beliefs and values of others and to develop the confidence to make our own choices.
- Take pride in our achievements and celebrate our successes, recognising and rewarding individual strengths, talents, similarities and differences.
- Be a community where everyone is encouraged to listen actively and is given opportunities to be listened to.
- Create a school where all people can enjoy learning and learn from each other no matter what their age.
- Work together in a community where we all have rights and responsibilities and a part to play.
- Encourage a community where respect for ourselves and others, honesty, openness and trust are important.
- Look after our school environment and the wider world around us.
- Offer a stimulating, interesting and challenging curriculum.
Curledge Street Primary School provides the full National Curriculum. We ensure that the children experience a broad and balanced curriculum to fit their needs, making links where appropriate across the subject areas.
Within the Foundation Stage (Nursery & Reception) the curriculum consists of six areas of learning:
Knowledge and Understanding of the World
Communication, Language & Literacy
Personal, Social and Emotional Development
At Key Stage 1 & 2 the curriculum consists of five core subjects:
Information Communication Technology (ICT)
Religious Education (RE)
The other subjects taught are:
Physical Education (PE)
Design & Technology (DT)
Personal, Social, Health and Moral Education
Curledge Street is part of the Torbay Sports Partnership. Our school benefits from a high quality PE curriculum through extra support for our teachers, through sharing expertise between schools and providing equipment and facilities.
The school has been involved with a wide range of sports activities, festivals and tournaments both in and out of school. As well as these outside opportunities the school runs a very successful football club for boys and girls and an excellent High Fives team for boys and girls. It also hosts its own annual Sports Days and takes part in the Area Sports Day with other large primary schools in Torbay.
Our facilities include:
- Two computer suites
- A computer in every classroom
- An expanding programme for fitting interactive whiteboards in each classroom
- An environmental area where children study animal habitats
- A food/technology room
- An indoor swimming pool
- Huff ‘n’ Puff playground equipment for lunchtimes
primary schools in Paignton,
secondary schools in Paignton,
schools in Paignton