|Eden Park Infants & Nursery School|
|Drew Street, TQ5 9LA, UK Brixham|
+44 (0)1803 852001
Welcome to Eden Park Primary School!
We believe that our school is a happy school, with high expectations, a caring atmosphere and an exciting challenging curriculum, but above all, a school that children really want to come to. Just ask them!
We also believe strongly that children should have opportunities to develop a wide range of skills and interests beyond the school curriculum. Our extensive range of clubs (over 25 a week!) includes art, music, sport and foreign languages. The school is always busy with events, trips, concerts and inter-school matches. It really does buzz!
- To create together a learning community for children and adults that is high in expectation and challenge and grounded in first hand experience, a community that is self-evaluating and continually striving for improvement.
- To ensure that all adults and children in our school are respected and respect others, their cultures, their differences and their opinions.
- To encourage in our children a sense of care and tolerance and the courage to take responsibility for their own actions
- To secure a commitment to excellent behaviour
- To engage the whole school community in providing a powerful learning environment, rich in creativity and innovation, where we celebrate the achievements of all.
- To work with families and members of the local community to create strong links and to place our school at its heart.
The grounds are extensive and the buildings are surrounded by grassed
areas, two gardens, sculptures and adventure play equipment. There are
beautiful trees everywhere and many flowerbeds.
- Large classrooms
- Fully equipped ICT Suite
- Interactive whiteboards in every classroom
- A mobile bank of laptops
- Two halls (a real luxury for a primary school!) One has been completely
refurbished and has a new purpose built dining room
- Separate music room
- Two adventure playgrounds
- A large field within a few minutes walk
- A conservation area
- Brand new purpose built Foundation Stage classrooms
- Brand new reception area, staff room and offices
The nursery is very much part of the school and our
children often participate in events happening in main school. There are
especially strong links with the reception classes so the move to full-time
education is a smooth, eagerly anticipated progression.
Our nursery children enjoy a full and varied curriculum. Activities are
planned to deliver the Foundation Stage curriculum in the six areas of
learning. These are:
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Language and Literacy;
- Knowledge and Understanding of the World, which includes Science,
ICT, Design and Technology, Geography and History;
- Creative Development
- Physical Development
At Eden Park we think it’s really important that children are given the
chance to experience a wide range of opportunities in addition to the usual
school curriculum. As a result we have introduced a large variety of
different clubs that cover areas such as:
- PE and dance
- Art and Craft
- Board Games
- Foreign Languages
primary schools in Brixham,
secondary schools in Brixham,
schools in Brixham