|Miller Way, Estover, PL6 8UJ, UK Plymouth|
+44 (0)1752 709440
If your child is joining us for the first time I would like to welcome you and them to our school. I hope they are looking forward to their years here and will one day look back with happiness at their friendships and pride at their achievements.
Everyone here will be working hard to see that each child is successful and learns to strive for the highest standards in academic and social life.
We hope that in school they will gain a wide variety of skills which will support them as they grow and learn.
We aim to provide an environment in school which will allow all children to develop and grow happily, in safety, with enjoyment and with success.
In order to achieve this we will ensure that:
- children and their parents are welcomed into school, with appropriate plans made for their smooth admission;
- the learning environment is appropriately organised to encourage experiment, practise and completion of tasks;
- the building and grounds are safe, welcoming and tidy;
- our resources match the tasks we set and that children are encouraged to choose and use the best resources possible;
- the curriculum is planned to provide continuity and maximum learning opportunities;
as they develop, children take more and more control over their own learning and are encouraged to grow in independence;
- thorough records are kept which indicate all children's strengths and achievements;
we expect all children to achieve high standards in their personal, physical, emotional, spiritual, moral and academic development;
- all children are valued and rewarded for their endeavours.
Like all other schools, we follow the National Curriculum. This means that all children
study the Core Subjects of English, Mathematics, Science and Information and
Communication Technology. They also work on the Foundation Subjects, which are
Design Technology, History, Geography, Art, Music and PE.
Religious Education is not included in the National Curriculum but is still a
compulsory subject for schools.
All children's education is divided into different stages. Primary schooling covers the
first of these:
Key Stage 1 5- 7 years
Key Stage 2 7-11 years
|THE LANGUAGE SUPPORT CENTRE|
The Language Support Centre at school is a Foundation Stage and Key Stage One
class for children with specific Speech and Language difficulties. The children come
from all over Plymouth and usually return to their local schools by the end of Year 2.
There are currently places for 20 children and they spend increasing amounts of time
in our other classes as they become more able to access the curriculum. The children
and staff are an integral part of the school and we do not see them as a separate
organisation. There is a very good ratio of staff to pupils within the centre, including
a speech and language therapist. The children make excellent progress.
primary schools in Plymouth,
secondary schools in Plymouth,
schools in Plymouth