|Exwick Heights Primary School|
|Exwick Hill, Exwick, EX4 2BG, UK Exeter|
+44 (0)1392 255224
For those of you new to the area, Exwick Heights Primary School was formed in September 2005 following the amalgamation of Foxhayes First School and Exwick Middle School. The new primary school presently operates on two sites just a short distance apart. The Infants site is on Gloucester Road and the Junior site on Exwick Hill.
Our foundation stage unit offers exemplary early years education through a ‘play based’ curriculum. Throughout the school there is an onus on independence, respect and a desire to learn. Not all successes can be measured through testing and end of year results. Our children are well mannered, polite and know the difference between right and wrong.
Whether you are a prospective parent or have children already at the school, you can be assured that all staff involved with your children are committed to providing high quality education across the spectrum.
The school has a high regard for the development of children's social, moral and spiritual education. This is visable through the caring ethos which the school displays. The aims of the school are:
- to create a happy, caring and secure environment.
- to foster self-discipline in the children and a responsible attitude towards their behaviour and work.
- to encourage children to achieve their own potential academically, emotionally, socially and physically.
- to deliver a balanced curriculum which supports independent learning, creativity and high achievement.
- to view the school as a community in partnerships with the parents and the wider community it serves.
1. Foundation Stage - for pupils in the Nursery and Reception, they access the Early Learning Goals (ELG's)
2. Key Stage 1 - for pupils in Years 1 & 2
3. Key Stage 2 - for pupils in Years 3 - 6
By the end of the Reception year the expectation is that the pupils will have achieved most or all the ELG's, with some pupils working beyond.
By the end of Key Stage 1 (Year 2) the expectation is that the pupils will have achieved Level 2B and beyond
By the end of Key Stage 2 (Year 6) the expectation is that the pupils will have achieved Level 4 and beyond
English, Mathematics, Science ,Information & Communication Technology (I.C.T)
primary schools in Exeter,
secondary schools in Exeter,
schools in Exeter