|Feniton C E Primary School|
|Station Road, Feniton, EX14 3EA, UK Honiton|
+44 (0)1404 850303
The present school was built in 1968 to meet the needs of the growing population brought about by the development of the Greenacres housing Estate. Situated in Station Road the school lies conveniently adjacent to the local sports field. Being of modern construction the classrooms provide a light and airy environment for the children and staff. Since first constructed the school has been extended, the latest addition of two new classrooms facilitated the moving of the local Play Group into the school.
The school has a well equipped sports/dance/drama hall and an open air pool allowing a full,active sports programme incorporating PE. Team Games (Football, Netball, Hockey), Badminton, Athletics and Swimming. Inter-School Sports' Matches and Outdoor & Adventurous Activities feature strongly in the life of the school and are greatly enjoyed by the children.
Excellent support from the parents has enabled the school to sustain an ongoing investment in equipment to enable the school to introduce the pupils to the technology of the modern world.
- We believe that all children should have the opportunity to enjoy their learning and experience success, free from harm.
- We promote a broad, balanced and differentiated curriculum valuing children’s interests and motivation.
- We consider the building of partnerships with parents and the local community to be vital in promoting children’s education.
- We value continuing, supportive professional development, for all those engaged in the work of the school, to raise expectations and standards of attainment.
- We believe it is important to create a Christian environment where everyone is valued, considers the needs of others; and develops positive attitudes and skills (including knowing right from wrong).
The school seeks to provide a broad and balanced curriculum for the children; a sound foundation in the basic skills of English, Mathematics and Information Technology; and opportunities for each child to develop interest and abilities in Music, Art, Drama and Sport. The curriculum incorporates The National Curriculum; Health Education as determined by the School Governors; and the Exeter Diocesan Religious Education Scheme of Work.
Activities provided include Sports (Netball / Football / Hockey/ Athletics), Chess, Music (Recorders), Choir and Gardening.
The school has a full, active sports programme incorporating PE. Team Games (Football, Netball, Hockey), Badminton, Athletics and Swimming. Professional coaches are employed regularly throughout the year and use is made of the pool at Honiton. Inter-School Sports Matches and Outdoor & Adventurous Activities feature strongly in the life of the school and are greatly enjoyed by the children.
primary schools in Honiton,
secondary schools in Honiton,
schools in Honiton