|Forches Cross Community Primary School|
|Nursery Unit, Forches Avenue, EX32 8EF, UK Barnstaple|
+44 (0)1271 343214
Forches Cross Community Primary School is a local education county school in the Devon County Council. The school is co-educational and has nursery, infant and junior sections. The school has excellent links with Park Secondary School.
The school has detailed curriculum policy statements and schemes of work, which are reviewed regularly and approved by the Governing Body. The National Curriculum provides the main core of our teaching. Copies of all school policy statements are available for parents from the school office.
- to provide a challenging, stimulating, caring environment where children can be encouraged to develop to their full potential
- to encourage independence, responsibility, self-discipline and a genuine pride in our achievements and our school
- to value children’s many and varied abilities
- to give children the opportunity to learn where possible with direct practical experience
- to develop every child academically, physically, morally and spiritually
- to offer well-planned and appropriately resourced teaching
- to equip our children for the future and to nurture a desire to learn
- to show care and sensitivity in the way we behave with one another in our school and the community
- to encourage a very positive relationship between the child and the class teacher particularly
The nursery is purpose built and has its own entrance, toilets, play area and garden. Children attend for half a day and start soon after their third birthday. Children are offered places according to birth date. Although all of our nursery children transfer into the Infants, attending the nursery does not guarantee a place. Entry to full time schooling is in accordance with the Devon County Council Admissions Policy.
The school offers a range of activities for different year groups over the year which include the following: athletics, choir, football, gymnastics and dance.
primary schools in Barnstaple,
secondary schools in Barnstaple,
schools in Barnstaple