|East Street, EX17 3AX, UK Crediton|
+44 (0)1363 772970
About Hayward's Primary School...
We are a Community Primary School, situated on a busy campus. Our school, Leapfrogs Nursery, the Youth Centre and the Crediton Arts Centre all share a large site, and we benefit from maintaining strong partnerships with these other organisations.
Hayward's School has served the local community since 1858, when it was first opened in the old buildings adjacent to the present school site. It has always been very much a part of the history and local community in the rural town of Crediton.
Our staff, coupled with supportive parents and governors, contribute greatly to the success of our school. We all work together with a common purpose - to ensure that our children are happy and successful in their primary years.
We’d like our school to be:
- A place where everyone is valued and respected
- A friendly and happy school
- A place where learning is fun
- A comfortable place to work in
- A caring school
- A school where we listen to one another
- A school that everyone takes care of
- A school with different clubs to take part in
- A school where the lunches are healthy and tasty
- A place where no one feels left out
The school is bound by law to follow the National Curriculum under the 1988 Education Act.
We offer a broad range of opportunities to cater for the interests, aptitudes and particular needs of all pupils.
We endeavour to adapt and develop the curriculum to make sure it is:
- Rich - being flexible in allowing scope for further investigation.
- Diverse - by providing a wide range of experiences.
- Relevant - to the children's own personal experience and give emphasis to practical aspects.
- Differentiated - what is taught is matched to the pupil’s ability.
Hayward’s School takes account of every aspect of your child’s development, providing the
opportunity to achieve the highest possible standards of numeracy, literacy and foundation
subjects together with physical, artistic, practical and social skills. Other areas receiving attention
through the year include health education, ‘safety education’ (including road safety) and
Hayward’s has good extra-curricular provision, including a recorder group, art club, choir, science
club, Design and Technology group, dance, cricket, and football clubs amongst others! The
activities are normally held at lunchtime and/or after school. Check our weekly newsletter for
details of these groups.
primary schools in Crediton,
secondary schools in Crediton,
schools in Crediton