|High Street Primary School|
|High Street, Stonehouse, PL1 3SJ, UK Plymouth|
+44 (0)1752 225649
WELCOME TO OUR SCHOOL!!!
High Street Primary School is the school for all the local children of High Street and the surrounding areas.
We have six classes in our main school: three in Key Stage 1 and three in Key Stage 2. We also operate a very successful 39-place nursery unit.
There is a strong family atmosphere in school, the children feel safe and cared for and the staff take time to build up good relationships with parents and carers. The school has a good reputation in the local community, and indeed, many of our present children’s parents and grandparents also attended High Street.
A good school needs a dedicated staff and at High Street we are fortunate that all our staff, both teaching and non-teaching, work extremely hard to ensure that all our children receive a good quality education.
- To provide a caring, secure, family environment where each child is valued as an individual who is able to benefit from and contribute to the life of the school, regardless of gender, race, creed or disability.
- To teach children how to acquire knowledge and skills.
- To make full use of the school’s resources so that each child can develop their academic, physical, social and creative talents.
- To give each child self confidence and to promote a sense of enjoyment and satisfaction in achieving success.
- To prepare children to become considerate and caring members of the school and the community who by their behaviour show respect towards the people they meet and the environment we all share.
- To encourage and promote a good relationship between home and school so that parents, staff and governors work together in the best interests of each child.
At present this accommodates 39 pupils per session. Children are admitted to the Nursery Unit at the age of 3+ on a part time basis. Priority is given to those children whose parents live in the Stonehouse area and have older siblings who attend our main school. Four year old children will have priority over younger children. Parents are asked to enter the names of future entrants to the Nursery Unit well before their starting date.
Staff: Ms Clare Easterbrook (Head), Mrs H Conlon, Mrs T Hill, , Mrs D Mc Coy, Mrs L Richards, Mrs V Pattenden-Baines and Miss S Hughes.
- Breakfast Club
- Homework Club
- Guitar Lessons
- Music Lessons
- Lunchtime Computer Club
- Country Dancing / Drama Club
- Tag Rugby
primary schools in Plymouth,
secondary schools in Plymouth,
schools in Plymouth