|Holsworthy C E Primary and Nursery School |
|School, Sanders Lane, EX22 6HD, UK Holsworthy|
+44 (0)1409 253700
Welcome to Holsworthy C of E Primary School
We moved into the new school in September 2000 and we began to rapidly develop our high-quality learning environment. We now have improved facilities and resources and we are providing all children with an even better standard of education and range of opportunities.
During 2003 the school expanded further. Two more classrooms were built along with additional toilets, cloakrooms and outside class work areas. Our capacity will rise to 300 pupils. More pupils means more staff, both teachers and teaching assistants.
At Holsworthy Primary School we value excellence of achievement, a happy atmosphere and a close relationship with parents and the community. Children have the opportunity to achieve their individual potential within this atmosphere academically, physically and socially.
The school provides a balanced and broadly based curriculum which:
- promotes the spiritual, moral, cultural, mental and physical development of pupils at the school and in society, and
prepares pupils for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of adult life.
The school believes that the curriculum should help all pupils:
- to develop lively, enquiring minds together with a positive wish to learn, to question and to argue rationally, and to apply themselves intelligently to tasks;
- to develop positive qualities of human feeling and imagination, and an appreciation of human achievement and endeavour;
- to experience the satisfactions of creativity;
- to acquire knowledge and skills relevant in a changing world to their adult lives at work and at leisure;
- to respect the religious, spiritual and moral values of others, and to consider thoughtfully their own attitudes, values and beliefs;
- to understand the history and present condition of their own society and the world in which they live, and the interdependence of individuals, groups and nations;
- to develop a sense of self-respect and individual worth, a capacity to live as independent, self-motivated adults, and the ability to live and work in co-operation with others.
The school weather station was installed in 2004 as a result of a generous donation by the Holsworthy Lions.
It is being used as an extension to work in Science and ICT.
All major weather parameters including wind speed, gust speed, wind direction, barometric pressure, external temperature ( max & min ), accumulative rainfall and sunshine hours, are continuously monitored.
The results can be downloaded and printed out.
The outside sensors are robust with a high degree of accuracy.
The children visit the station daily and use the data to predict the day’s weather.
We hope to develop our work with the guidance of the Met Office in Exeter.
primary schools in Holsworthy,
secondary schools in Holsworthy,
schools in Holsworthy