|Inverteign Community Primary School|
|Mill Lane, TQ14 9BB, UK Teignmouth|
+44 (0)1626 772320
WELCOME TO OUR SCHOOL!!!
Confidence in our Community School comes
from knowing and understanding what is
happening within it. We hope you are able to
take an active and positive interest in what your
child is doing at school. We have a shared
responsibility for the children’s learning,
personal, social and emotional development.
This underpins our curriculum philosophy. It is
therefore essential that mutual understanding,
involvement and trust form the basis for this
The following aims and values are the foundation on which the whole school’s development for the future will be built.
- To nurture all aspects of the child - artistic, physical and emotional, as well as intellectual.
- To work together with families to build confidence and self-worth so that our children are prepared for the world inside and outside of
- To encourage and support children in having a sense of responsibility and tolerance. To be enquiring, interested and enthusiastic in life, ready to meet the challenges that can be encountered.
- To ensure that all adults and children in our school value and respect themselves, other people and their cultures.
- To recognise that all children have differing abilities and ways of learning, to identify them and encourage their development through the provision of a powerful learning environment.
- To raise and maintain standards and high expectations.
- To create a learning community that is selfsustaining, self-evaluating and continually evolving.
At Inverteign, when we refer to the ‘Curriculum’ we
not only mean the planned activities that we organise
to promote learning and personal and social
development, but also the range of extra-curricular
activities and the ‘hidden curriculum’ (what our
children learn, from the way they are treated and
expected to behave).
We have developed a
highly successful Early
Years and Primary
that reflects practice
that is always aware of
needs of the whole
child; and explores
learning strategies and
experiences to support
the range of need as
pupils move though
the key stages.
Our children enjoy a wide range of extra-curricular
activities and the clubs are well-supported and
valued by pupils and their families. Our ‘After
School Clubs’ are available due to the voluntary
support of both staff and parents. These currently
• Athletics • Badminton • Scuba Diving • Choir
• Dance • Drama • Football • Netball • Tag Rugby
Some of our pupils receive instrumental tuition.
This takes place during school time. If you are
interested in your child taking up music lessons,
please contact the school office.
During the school year the children of Inverteign participate
in a wide variety of experiences, all of which make up our
substantial Enrichment Programme.
We pride ourselves in the opportunities offered to pupils
• Regular theatre visits • Working with local artists • World music workshops • History theme days • Team building activities • Special guests
Our Enrichment Programme is funded by the school,
however we do organise many educational visits throughout
the academic year, both day and residential, which rely on
contributions from parents and carers. These trips enhance
our children’s learning, enable them to gain greater
understanding and allow them to enjoy new experiences.
primary schools in Teignmouth,
secondary schools in Teignmouth,
schools in Teignmouth