|Lady Seaward`s C E Primary School|
|Clyst St George, EX3 0RE, UK Exeter|
+44 (0)1392 873629
We are a small rural primary school for children from 5 years old to 11 years old. We also have a pre-school onsite for children aged 2 ½ years old to school age.
The school is set in an idyllic village in East Devon in between the town of Exmouth and the city of Exeter and is close by major access routes to the M5 and the city centre. We currently have 65 children on roll, split into 3 classes. Numbers in the classes fluctuate according to the year group size. The school has strong links with the church and adheres to the tenets and beliefs of the Church of England.
The school has a strong School Association which supports the school through fund raising and social events for the children. Parents are welcome to work in the classes with their children and to support in any way that they can. This is coordinated through the class teacher.
The school is a member of the Devon Arts in School Initiative and has a long tradition of excellence in the performing arts.
Lady Seaward's Church of England Primary School aims to:
- provide a foundation which will give all pupils the opportunity to develop their full potential
- show consideration for others at all times and develop an understanding of tolerance and harmony
- provide a caring and supportive environment which offers security and a sense of belonging
encourage the involvement of parents in school activities
For our community at Lady Seaward's Church of England Primary School we want:
- he beliefs and teaching of the Christian Faith to be at the centre of all that we do
- to create an environment which is safe, happy, secure and caring and which promotes successful learning
- to develop good communication between home, children, staff and governors
every child in our care to reach their full potential
- to follow an agreed code of behaviour for adults and children
- to use our time effectively
- to help children develop the ability to take responsibility for their own learning
- to give children a sound foundation of basic skills so that they can make full use of a wide and varied education
- to recognise the individual needs of all our children and to provide a continuous and progressive curriculum that covers the requirements of the national curriculum
- to assess children's progress fairly and consistently and to use these assessments to plan their future lessons
- to provide appropriate pastoral care for all.
The school aims to give a broad and balanced curriculum based on the National
Curriculum. The work is planned in conjunction with the Qualifications and Curriculum
Authority’s (QCA) Schemes of Work, which has been placed into a 2 year rolling
programme. This will ensure that the children will get their curriculum entitlement
without any repetition of topic work and will ensure continuity and progression of
learning within the school.
The school operates Key Stage One and Key Stage Two Standard Assessment Tests
(SAT’s) in line with the new orders of the National Curriculum.
The school is linked to the Internet via a modem and aims to teach children the
necessary Information and Communications Technology in line with the requirements of
the National Curriculum.
- Art Club
- Computer / Rounders
- Premier Sports (Multi Games Activities)
primary schools in Exeter,
secondary schools in Exeter,
schools in Exeter