|Pretoria Road, EX1 2PT, UK Exeter|
+44 (0)1392 255554
Welcome to our school!!!
Ladysmith Junior School is situated in the city of Exeter. It is a large junior school with a family feel, where everyone believes that the children in our care should be happy and safe and that they should achieve the highest standards of which they are capable. We also believe that school should be fun!
We will encourage our children to become life-long learners, able to appreciate the arts and science and to be numerate and literate. As a head with three children of my own (now grown up), I know that it is really important for school to be an exciting and motivating place for learning, where all children are supported and encouraged to have a go, whatever their difficulties or strengths. I believe strongly in developing children’s self esteem. Not everyone is academic, but everyone is special, and has some particular talent or skill that we can celebrate and encourage. Everyone is important to us in their own way, whatever their race, creed or religion.
Our skilled staff team are committed to working with children and parents to achieve all of this and much more and to celebrating the children's successes as well as supporting them through any troubled times. Everyone in the team, teachers, meal time assistants, teaching assistants, administrators, cleaners and our great caretaker, work together because we want the best for our children and are proud of our school. We are always working hard to develop and improve our work as teachers, and educationalists and we value both the input of the children and of parents, governors and the community.
- We value childhood as a unique experience to be enjoyed and valued in itself, and not simply as a preparation for adulthood and the world of work.
- We strive for happiness and a positive attitude towards life in the school through academic, social, physical, spiritual and creative development.
- We aim to recognise and nurture the vital role of parents in the education of their child and to
encourage their participation in all spheres of school life.
- We aim to provide the highest quality education possible. This reflects a caring, committed
attitude, which helps all adults and children to achieve the highest standards they are capable of in any area of the curriculum.
- We believe in the importance of encouraging children to lead an active and healthy lifestyle,
teaching them the value of exercise and a healthy diet.
- We aim to promote our schools as a community through self-understanding, self-respect,
confidence, tolerance, co-operation and courtesy to others.
- We identify ourselves as part of a global community and aim to foster respect for all,
regardless of ability, race, religion or gender.
- We aim to develop an appreciation of the world in which we live and a realisation of the
responsibilities this involves.
The substance of the day-to-day teaching practice of Ladysmith Junior School is laid out in the National Curriculum, which is organised on the basis of four Key Stages and ten subject areas. In English and mathematics we follow the National Literacy and Numeracy strategies which are now combined as the National Primary Strategy.
We are a Key Stage 2 school teaching children aged 7-11-within Year groups 3 - 6.
Religious Education does not form part of the National Curriculum, but is taught following the Agreed Syllabus produced for all Schools.
However, not every child will be able to achieve all that is suggested by particular age. Additionally, some children may progress beyond the defined levels. If a child does not reach the defined level by the end of the Key Stage, this should not be regarded as a failure, but an indication that the child requires a little more time, additional experiences and targeted help. The child that does progress beyond what is expected will also require targeted help.
We will continue to ensure that all children acquire the basic skills, knowledge and attitudes, needed for improved levels of achievement, through our high expectations all children.
primary schools in Exeter,
secondary schools in Exeter,
schools in Exeter