|Bernice Terrace, Lipson, PL4 7PG, UK Plymouth|
+44 (0)1752 671318
Welcome to our school!
We are future orientated, with the desire to shape our own individual and community identity.
s a learning organisation, we are constantly reviewing the world our students are likely to inherit and the shape of their future needs. It is our assessment of this situation which forms the rationale for the future direction of the College.
- To ensure that each individual student achieves the highest possible standard of education. We are aiming for excellence for and from all.
- To create a happy but disciplined, caring and dynamic environment in which learning is successful and is enjoyed.
- To enlarge each student's knowledge and experience, equipping them with the learning skills to pursue education as a lifelong process. We will be a learning organisation where everyone is searching for continual improvement.
- To promote cultural, physical, moral and spiritual development, enabling young people to become active participants in society and responsible contributors to it. Lipson will be a College for every future.
- To ensure the College operates effectively and efficiently at the heart of the community, offering equality of opportunity for all. We will promote excellence at the heart of the community.
Lipson is a specialist Performing Arts College. We have enjoyed this status for many years and the additional funding has meant a large investment in resources. We are pleased to have been able to appoint a talented team of professional practitioners to aid the learning of both our students and those of our primary partners. We have:- an Artist in Residence, Community Arts Co-ordinator, a full-time Performing Arts Technician, a Performing Artists Assistant and Administrator. This together with our professional teachers ensures a high staff profile in all classes.
Lipson Sports Facilities available to hire during evenings and weekends.
- A full size floodlit Astro Turf pitch
Sports Hall with Climbing Wall, Cricket Nets and courts for Badminton, Netball, Basketball and Volleyball
- 3 x Hardcourt areas for Netball, Basketball, Tennis and Football
- 2 large grass pitch areas for Football (2 x full size & mini soccer)
We take special care to design our curriculum to meet the needs of each child and have won the Schools' Curriculum Award, The Barclays New Future Award, The Sportsmark Award, the Investors in Careers Award and the Investors in Education Business Partnership Award.
As with all secondary schools we ensure our students receive a broad and balanced curriculum. However, we also guarantee at least one hour per week of the expressive arts subjects: Art, Drama, Music, plus Information Technology s taught courses.
The Key Stage 4 curriculum is designed to give the widest possible choice to our students with regard to subjects on the list of options. As a Specialist College we are able to extend the provision of performing arts.
An extensive range of subjects is on offer at Key Stage 5, including a wide selection of AS/A2 levels, vocational NVQs and AVCEs.
The courses on offer go beyond those normally found in schools and include the more specialised subjects such as Politics, Psychology and Sociology.
All in all our aim is to offer a dynamic and exciting curriculum which will equip our students for a life in the third millenium.We were the first school in Plymouth to pioneer the use of electronic white boards and have invested heavily in information and communication technology (ICT).
We have expanded such resources through our status as a Specialist Arts College and a successful National Grid for Learning bid.
By working closely with Plymouth High School for Girls and Estover Community College, we are able to offer over 50 courses. The Plymouth High, Lipson, Estover (PLE) Consortium has earned national recognition and funding for the quality of sixth form provision.
primary schools in Plymouth,
secondary schools in Plymouth,
schools in Plymouth