|Lipson Vale Primary School|
|Bernice Terrace, Lipson, PL4 7HW, UK Plymouth|
+44 (0)1752 224801
Welcome to Lipson Vale Primary School .... a neighbourhood school that offers a high standard of education within a caring environment. It was one of only two Beacon Primary Schools in the City of Plymouth, but lost this award on the cessation of Beacon Schools in July 2005.
We very much value the important role you as parents have to play in making your child's education as successful as possible. We look forward to working with you in partnership.
- to provide a caring community whose members are encouraged to develop a sense of self respect and individual worth, as well as sensitivity and tolerance for the views and needs of others.
- to develop a reasoned set of personal attitudes and beliefs, an understanding of society and the rights and responsibilities that come with being a member of that society.
ATTITUDES TO LEARNING
- to recognise and meet the needs and talents of each pupil in all areas of the curriculum.
- to enable every pupil to fulfil his/her potential intellectually, socially and physically, and to achieve personal academic excellence.
- to provide a curriculum which is both challenging and well informed, which meets the requirements of current legislation, and which is delivered using a range of techniques in a suitably differentiated manner.
- with a positive wish to learn, to question and to argue rationally, and to apply themselves intelligently to tasks.
- to encourage all children to participate in, and contribute to group and team activities, to accept responsibilities and to develop self awareness and self discipline leading to independence.
All children are entitled to be admitted at the beginning of the Autumn term. For a few weeks, admission is part-time (mornings only). Parents may, if they wish, defer entry until the following January. However, the place must be claimed at the same time as those who want a September admission. Up to 55 pupils will be admitted to the school during the year beginning September 2006. Priority for admission is given to children who live in the school's designated area, and details of the Authority's priority for admission are available for your inspection in the school office. The school welcomes visits from prospective parents - please call for an appointment.
There is considerable pressure on places, and we are pleased to provide additional facilities for our youngest children through the installation of a new conservatory extension and the development of an outside area. Children are normally grouped according to age. Because of the size of our yearly intake, it is sometimes necessary to have some classes in which there are children of two consecutive year groups. A variety of factors is taken into account when allocating children to mixed or single year classes.
The curriculum followed by our children is constructed as follows:
All classrooms have networked computers, and interactive whiteboards. Furthermore, most classrooms also operate wireless free technology.
- The core subjects of (a) English (b) Mathematics (c) Science (d) ICT
- The foundation subjects of (a) History (b) Geography (c) Physical Education (d) Music (e) Art (f) Technology (see below)
- RE is provided in addition to a daily act of worship, which has to be 'broadly Christian in nature.'
- ICT - our ICT suite is well used, and accommodates all class groups.
...and many more!!!
- Music - Recorder Classes
- Music - Guitar Lessons
- The Choir
- Junk Percussion Band
- Story Club
- Homework Club
- The Netball Club
- The Football Club
primary schools in Plymouth,
secondary schools in Plymouth,
schools in Plymouth