|Littletown Primary School and Nursery Unit|
|Honiton Bottom Road, EX14 2EG, UK Honiton|
+44 (0)1404 548749
WELCOME TO OUR SCHOOL!!!
At our school, we aim for a high standard of education for all children that offers a wide range of learning opportunities. We have high expectations of behaviour that are based on respect, positive rewards and developing children’s sense of responsibility and self-esteem.
We pride ourselves on our caring and supportive environment, where every child matters. We encourage special talents, skills and interests such as music, sport and art. We encourage children to be healthy, safe and to play an active part in the school and wider community.
At Littletown School we aim to:
At Littletown School we value:
- Create a culture of trust, respect, kindness and praise that ensures successful learning and achievement
- Provide a broad, balanced and creative curriculum where safe and healthy life-skills are promoted
- Equip learners with skills and experiences as active and responsible members of the school and wider community
- Ensure that, in partnership with parents and carers, all children:
develop the skills, ambition and self-motivation to achieve their full potential
experience the fulfillment of learning and achieving
value lifelong, independent learning
- The diversity of cultures, beliefs and abilities
- Children’s individuality, unique qualities and their input to the life of our school
- Our partnership with parents, carers and local communities
- Self-evaluation leading to the improvement and development of our school
- Life-long learning for all members of the school community
Aims of our Nursery:
Littletown Nursery aims to create high quality education for children aged three and four years. We aim to do this by:
- Ensuring that children feel settled, happy and secure in the nursery environment which will lead them to feel valued, build their confidence and help them to begin to socialise with other children.
- Building on the valuable foundations provided by the family, in order to consolidate and extend the children’s learning.
- Welcoming parents, sharing information and encouraging them to take an active role in the nursery.
- Encouraging children to initiate activities and become more independent.
- Recognising the value of play and talk as a medium for learning.
- Providing a range of activities for the children that take into account their interests and achievements and their physical, intellectual, emotional and social development.
- Assessing children’s progress and learning and using this information to inform future planning with reference to the Foundation Stage Curriculum.
Your child will spend up to eight years in the Nursery and Primary School.
The Nursery and Reception Classes follow the Foundation Stage Curriculum.
There are then two stages in the Primary phase (5 to 11) known as key stages:
Key Stage 1 Year groups 1 and 2 (age 5 to 7)
Key Stage 2 Year groups 3, 4, 5 and 6 (age 7 to 11)
The National Curriculum is taught from Key Stage 1 and consists of core and foundation
Core subjects English, Mathematics and Science
Foundation subjects Information and Communications Technology, History, Geography,
Music, Art and Design, Design and Technology and Physical
Personal, Social and Health Education, along with Citizenship, is
taught as a non-statutory element of the National Curriculum.
We have a range of after school activities:
Football, Netball, Art, Dance, Tennis and Computer clubs are offered at various times of the
year. At lunchtime, clubs such as chess, recorders and choir are available.
Instrumental tuition may be bought through the Devon Music Service for a wide range of
instruments. Please ask for details.
The school governors are keen to develop an after-school childcare club in the near future.
primary schools in Honiton,
secondary schools in Honiton,
schools in Honiton