|Marpool Primary School and Nursery Unit|
|Moorfield Road, Withycombe Raleigh, EX8 3QW, UK Exmouth|
+44 (0)1395 263961
Marpool Primary School
Our school is located in the seaside town of Exmouth in Devon. We are situated on an extensive and attractive site that offers exceptional educational opportunities.
The school grounds, of approximately 5 hectares (12 acres), are a super resource providing hard surface play areas, playing fields and well equipped recreation/play spaces. There are many different habitats including ponds, wetlands, wooded areas and meadowland.
Our accommodation consists of 2 main teaching blocks; one containing the nursery, infant classrooms and infant library, and the other the junior classrooms, hall, computer room, library, kitchen and administration areas.
- To keep the needs of children central to our work and decision-making and to provide for all according to individual need so that children develop as fully as possible their spiritual, moral, cultural, intellectual and physical abilities.
- To provide for all our pupils a high quality, broad and balanced education with opportunities to achieve high standards and success across the full primary curriculum.
- To use a range of appropriate teaching styles and provide a wide variety of learning opportunities to develop in all children lively and enquiring minds, powers of thinking, feeling, concentration, imagination and reflection to enrich their lives.
- To involve children in their education by giving them opportunities to contribute, control, direct and review their learning.
- To encourage pupils to participate and integrate fully in both the school and local community by developing high standards of confidence, social skills and personal qualities including an understanding of and commitment to care for and cooperate effectively with others.
- To create an effective partnership between home, school and the wider community based on shared values, a clear sense of purpose, trust, understanding and respect.
- To establish high standards of behaviour throughout the school and to create a stimulating, secure and caring atmosphere based on self worth, self-discipline, tolerance, and fulfilling our responsibility to one another and our environment.
- To recognise and celebrate achievement and to create a positive, optimistic view of the future for each individual and the school community.
Our school is organised into 2 departments which work closely together to ensure every child has maximum opportunities to fulfil their potential. The lower school is for Nursery and Reception children, know as the foundation stage, and Year 1 and 2 children, known as Key Stage 1. The upper school is for children in years 3, 4, 5, and 6 and forms Key Stage 2.
The Nursery unit provides 26 places at each session. Both morning and afternoon sessions last two and a half hours. The times of the Nursery Unit are 8.45am - 11.15am and 12.45pm - 3.15pm. The Nursery has a minimum staffing of a qualified teacher and a nursery nurse. Often other staff, parents, students or other adult helpers work alongside the regular staff. The Unit enjoys all of the available school facilities such as the school hall, play area, grounds and playing field. Families play a full part in our school community. Nursery pupils attend some school events, including assemblies, as well as organising their own educational and social activities. The Nursery has its own entrance and secure outdoor play area and gardens.
The work of the Nursery is planned on the Foundation Stage Curriculum to meet the Early Learning Goals in the six areas: Language and Literacy, Mathematical Development, Personal, Social and Emotional Development, Knowledge and Understanding of the World, Creative Development and Physical Development.
Teachers and others run a variety of school clubs. They change each term and children are told about opportunities through announcements in assemblies and on notice boards. Parents can obtain information on current activities through the school office. Recently, regular clubs have been organised for recorders, percussion instruments, gymnastics, choir, football, cricket, dance/drama, tag rugby, computers, volleyball and board games. We welcome help with this very important aspect of our school life. In addition to those activities held in school we maintain close links with several local clubs and encourage pupils to join in their activities.
primary schools in Exmouth,
secondary schools in Exmouth,
schools in Exmouth