|Monkleigh, EX39 5JY, UK Bideford|
+44 (0)1805 623269
Monkleigh Primary School is located between the towns of Bideford & Great Torrington in the small village of Monkleigh. The original school dates back to 1875, but has had various extensions since that time. We have large grounds with wonderful views over the rolling Devon countryside. On average, we have between 70 and 80 children who are taught in 3 mixed age classes.
We aim to be a welcoming and friendly school where children, staff, parents & governors work together to provide a happy & stimulating working environment.
- To establish a reputation for excellence in the academic, social and physical development of our children.
- To constantly strive to raise standards.
- To give all children equal opportunities, whatever their race, gender or individual need.
- To enable and inspire our children to learn and achieve their full potential as a sound foundation for their future life.
- To provide a safe, happy, enriching environment in which our children are able to learn.
- To promote children’s self esteem, encourage them to take responsibility for their own work and foster consideration and respect for others.
- To promote a supportive, active and co-operative partnership between parents and the school in the work of their children and to encourage all parents to become actively involved in the life and work of the school as a whole.
- To encourage in service training and development for all members of the school staff and governors.
- To involve the community in the work of the school and enable the school to play its part in the life of our local communities.
The School provides a full range of subjects normally associated with primary age children. The National Curriculum consists of eleven subjects, four of which have been core subjects from September 1998 – English Mathematics, Science and Information and Communications Technology [ICT]. Literacy and Numeracy hours take place in all classes. Religious Education is also covered following Local Education Authority guidelines. The other six foundation subjects are; Technology, History, Geography, Art, Music and Physical Education.
primary schools in Bideford,
secondary schools in Bideford,
schools in Bideford