|Montpelier Community Primary School|
|Beaconfield Road, Beacon Park, PL2 3LJ, UK Plymouth|
+44 (0)1752 216160
The school’s specific ambitions for each and every child are summed up in the following Mission Statement:
'Together we will provide a warm, caring, creative, challenging and safe environment – where everyone is valued and enabled to reach their potential whilst becoming confident, motivated and responsible citizens'.
- Work together to create a sense of family and community, sharing our strengths as a team, supporting each other and our partners in our developments.
- Develop a sense of shared purpose through support and collaboration to achieve professional expertise and motivate everyone.
- Offer children a broad, balanced, stimulating, personal and relevant, quality curriculum that will offer opportunities to become healthy individuals.
- Involve children in the development of the school process so that they become responsible, proud, independent citizens.
- Develop children’s self-confidence, independence and understanding of themselves and others in a changing, multicultural and inclusive society.
- Celebrate individual and collective achievements by maintaining consistently high standards of teaching, learning and behaviour, through positive relationships based on mutual trust, honest and respect.
- Provide an organised, safe and inspiring environment that is accessible and welcoming to all.
- Encourage everyone to develop a set of mutually supportive moral values upon which to base their own behaviour and show respect for others.
Our school curriculum turns aims into actions. Each day presents children with a variety of opportunities and experiences. At all times children are encouraged to tackle and solve problems, innovate and create, develop an enthusiasm for enquiry and enjoy the challenge of new experiences. All children at Montpelier Primary School are taught according to the requirements of the National Curriculum.
We want the curriculum to enable all young people to become:
- successful learners who enjoy learning, make progress and achieve
- confident individuals who are able to live a safe, healthy and fulfilling life
- active and responsible citizens who make a positive contribution to the wellbeing of present and future generations.
The Environmental Club is run by Mr. Conway and Mrs Castles for yr3 children, who may stay on as they progress through school.
Anyone and everyone can get involved in Music Clubs at Montpelier Primary! We are really keen on singing and so have 4 choirs at present.
Revision using ICT
With the build up to SATS the school offers a revision session for all year six children not already involved in booster groups.
Year Six ICT Lunch Club
Montpelier believes that the more resources are used the more confident and comfortable people are with them.
I like art club because you can let your imagination run wild. You can create sculptures and draw fantastic pictures.
This term has seen a great start to the schools newly formed media club. The club has been put together from a mix of both year 5 and 6 children.
primary schools in Plymouth,
secondary schools in Plymouth,
schools in Plymouth