A Specialist Sports College
|Church Road, Plymstock, PL9 9AZ, UK Plymouth|
+44 (0)1752 402679
Welcome to Our School!!!
Plymstock School is a co-educational comprehensive school for 1600 students aged 11-18 years. We have a long established record of outstanding academic and personal achievement. Recently designated a Specialist Sports College, we now offer a much wider choice of activities for the benefit of Plymstock School students and members of the wider community.
The school is set in spacious grounds and possesses extensive facilities, ranging from a new Library Resources Centre, Computer Education Suites, to specialised Science, Technology, Music and Sports facilities. Plymstock School is very much at the heart of the community, and its buildings and resources are widely used by Adult and Community Education groups. Apart from enjoying academic and vocational success, Plymstock students also take part in an extensive programme of service to the community and are always encouraged to develop a full range of abilities.
- We aim to provide all students with a challenging curriculum that offers oppurtunities for intellectual extension beyond the confines of statutory requirements
- We aim to sustain a culture of outstanding learning and teaching, centred on high expectations, to raise esteem and develop individual potential to the full.
- We value every individual, with an emphasis on personal achievement, and strive to equip all students with the life skills necessary to succeed as healthy, responsible citizens in the modern world of work.
- We aim to develop vibreant partnerships with all stakeholders, including parents, governors and other agencies, to maxmise support for the individual learning needs
- We aim to create an exemplary environment for learning that is founded on good discipline, encouragement and mutural respect for each other and each other's property.
All students in years seven to eleven receive a broad, balanced, relevant and coherent curriculum which offers opportunities to extend beyond the confines of the National Curriculum. The school regards the education of each child as being of equal value; we strive to equip all students with the necessary intellectual, physical, cultural, emotional and moral skills and attitudes to enable them to face the adult world with confidence, honesty and a sense of purpose.
The school day is divided into six 50 minutes lessons, making 30 periods per week. Four of these are in the morning and two lessons in the afternoon. For those who so wish we also have twilight lessons. These lessons are currently held on Tuesdays and Thursdays after school from 3.30 to 4.30 p.m. and allow some students in years 10 and 11 to take an extra G.C.S.E.
|SPECIALIST SPORTS COLLEGE|
Plymstock School as a Specialist Sports College aims to enhance standards of achievement through the increased quality of teaching and learning in Physical Education and Sport. Besides the increased level of quality professional development for staff, the school is enhancing its application and integration of ICT into the programme, not just in Physical Education, but also across the whole curriculum.
As a Sports College we value the impact of our students and take pride in recognising their achievments in all aspects of PE and Sport in a variety of ways (e.g. the school newspaper and presentation evening).
We aim to develop and extend the range of accreditation oppurtunities for all our students from years 7 -13. We believe the school day does not finish after the final lesson, we providde an extensive and wide ranging after school activity programme for our students. By widening the curriculum within PE, we hope to provide every child with the oppurtunity to experience an activity area in which they can achieve their potential.
In addition to English, Mathematics, Science, Physical Education and Religious Education, all students study at least one Modern Foreign Language, History, Geography, Arts, and Technology. The Curriculum offers considerable diversity and choice.
primary schools in Plymouth,
secondary schools in Plymouth,
schools in Plymouth