|Pyworthy C E Primary School|
|Pyworthy, EX22 6ST, UK Holsworthy|
+44 (0)1409 253681
Welcome to Our School!!!
Pyworthy Primary School is situated in the centre of the Village. It consists of three teaching areas, a conservatory extension, an ICT/Library mezzanine floor, an office, a staffroom and a servery. Outside there is a very small playground. The school has the facility of using the Village Hall and the Park which are both within easy walking distance.
- To provide a happy, safe and stimulating environment in which children are encouraged to achieve
their full potential.
- To foster the development of alert, inquiring minds which communicate freely and rewardingly with
others and apply themselves to a wide variety of tasks with confidence.
- To provide quality learning experiences within a curriculum which is accessible to all whilst
encouraging individual talent by appropriate praise and reward.
- To develop an understanding of the world in which we live and to acquire social as well as intellectual
and physical life skills.
- To nurture the spiritual development of each child based on Christian teaching and an understanding of
- To encourage development of a close and active relationship with the village community in which the
school is based.
The pupils are organised into two Key Stages:
Key Stage One which consists of the Foundation Stage (4 – 5 year olds), Year 1 and Year 2. Their
class teachers are Mrs Elliott (who is also the Headteacher) and Mrs Brewington (who teaches parttime
as Head’s relief).
There are 14 children on roll 2005, of which five are working as year 2
Key Stage Two consists of Years 3 to 6. Their class teachers are Miss Mitchell and Miss Glanville; there are 30 children on roll 2005, of which five are year 6.
Learning Support Assistants help in both classrooms.
Children learn best in an atmosphere that stimulates, and reinforces, their effort towards developing
their full potential. The school aims to provide the appropriate facilities and resources in a working
environment that takes account of children's individual abilities, interests and personalities. The
school's curriculum meets all requirements of the National Curriculum.
Clubs alter depending on the term. During the year we offer: craft activities, art activities and a
variety of sports.
primary schools in Holsworthy,
secondary schools in Holsworthy,
schools in Holsworthy