|Shute Community Primary School|
|Haddon Road, Shute, EX13 7QR, UK Axminster|
+44 (0)1297 33348
WELCOME TO OUR SCHOOL!!!
Shute Community Primary School is a small village primary school. It has long enjoyed an excellent reputation within the local community. The school can accommodate 70 children between the ages of 4-11 years.
Children of different ages regularly work together and this has a positive impact on their learning. Our aim is to organise classes with sufficient flexibility to provide the best education for each child so that they receive teaching appropriate to their age, ability and maturity. A classroom assistant works in each class.
We offer playgroup facilities in our school hall and work closely with both the playgroup and secondary schools to ensure a smooth transition when each child enters our school and when they progresses to secondary education. Our local secondary schools are: Axe Valley Community College, Colyton Grammar and The Woodroffe School.
The Aims of Shute School are as follows:
- To provide a secure, safe and positive environment where all children are valued as individuals, can develop a positive self-image, which helps them to make personal and academic progress.
- To value all children equally and to know their every strength and weakness and
to have high expectations of each and every child; to identify their individual talent and find the key to unlock it.
- To strive continually to raise the knowledge, skills and understanding of all, through effective teaching and learning, and through a broad and balanced curriculum.
- To provide a stimulating and challenging learning environment which encourages positive attitudes to learning, encourages creative thinking, problems solving and risk taking.
- To establish the importance of positive, active citizenship leading to high standards of behaviour, good communication and co-operation skills, and a respect and appreciation of others.
- To establish a clear strategy for improvement, set targets and monitor progress.
- To provide clear leadership, which will take the school forward in a positive way.
- To consolidate the importance of the school in the life of the local community and for the community to be actively involved in the activities and development of the school.
Our purpose is to provide a happy, caring and purposeful environment where children can develop and learn
happily together, where the well being of each child is of primary concern.
We strive to achieve effective learning in a stimulating and challenging environment where the needs of
each individual are met and all children are afforded the opportunity to achieve their personal potential.
It is very much of the whole school approach where all children are recognised and valued for themselves,
where high expectations are the norm and where each child’s self-reliance and self-esteem is fostered in a
warm and caring environment.
We will expect high standards and good behaviour from all children.
Detailed curriculum guidelines and policy statements are frequently updated by the school staff and
governors. This ensures they maintain their relevance and fulfil the changing demands of the National
Curriculum. Copies of these are available for parents to examine. As a school we set high standards for the
children in our care.
Work within classes is generally on an individual or small group basis and particular care is taken to ensure
that both the less able and the ‘high fliers’ are given instructions, books, materials and tasks comensurate
with their ability.
The school benefits from parents and friends who assist with the running of the variety of clubs and extracurricular
This year the following clubs are taking place:
- Football – (The school has teams that compete with other local schools.)
- Razzamataz (Gym and Dance)
- Cross Country
- Music and Drama
Shute Little Acorns and Bright Sparks
New, Unique Pre-school Provision
For children aged between 2 – 5 yrs
primary schools in Axminster,
secondary schools in Axminster,
schools in Axminster