|St Luke`s C E Science and Sports College|
|Harts Lane, EX1 3RD, UK Exeter|
+44 (0)1392 204600
WELCOME TO OUR SCHOOL!!!
We are a Specialist Science and Sports College with Mathematics as a supporting subject and our students are given opportunities throughout their five years to contribute to all aspects of college life, taking extra responsibilities and sharing the process of ‘Education for life’. We are a caring college where every individual matters and we all work hard to achieve very high standards, both academic and personal.
- To provide the best possible quality of learning within a
broad and balanced curriculum in a purposeful and
caring college which is based on a Christian Foundation.
- To promote a distinctive ethos in which the excitement
of learning and the enjoyment of college are
experienced within a clear framework of responsible,
committed and disciplined behaviour.
- To embrace our ‘Specialisms’, impacting upon raising
standards and achievement across the Whole College,
within and beyond the curriculum and through
collaboration within the wider community that we serve.
We have outstanding facilities to maximise
learning in and outside of the classroom,
- Purpose built specialist teaching spaces,
the Atrium, an Outdoor Amphitheatre, a
Multimedia controlled Hall for
performance & presentation.
- An enhanced learning space for 14 – 19
- Extensive Specialist Science & Sports
equipment and facilities.
- Dance studio, Fitness suite, Astroturf,
Tennis Courts and Extensive Sports
At St Luke’s we aim to support students in the enjoyment of Learning through the provision of an
exciting and enriching curriculum. Our curriculum is developing continuously to meet the changing
needs of young people in the 21st century:
It is an exciting blend of the best of academic and vocational elements;
- It is inclusive and accessible for all students;
- It promotes individual Learning Pathways for students appropriate to their individual needs;
- It is challenging through the provision of appropriate courses and grouping arrangements
for all students;
- It is differentiated with opportunities for ‘Accelerated’ progress in some subjects for able
- It promotes flexible and independent learning through the use of new technologies in all
Our curriculum is enriched through a wide range of extra-curricular
activities, including a range of sporting activities, the Duke of
Edinburgh Award, Homework Clubs, Young Enterprise, Outdoor
Pursuits, Community Volunteering programmes and many others.
We encourage as many students as possible to participate in and
benefit from these activities.
Our College ‘Activities Week’ at the end of the Summer Term provides
a range of exciting and interesting activities for students to become
involved in: at home or abroad; in or out of school; residential or day
activities. All College students participate in Activities Week.
primary schools in Exeter,
secondary schools in Exeter,
schools in Exeter