|Union Street, St Thomas, EX2 9BB, UK Exeter|
+44 (0)1392 276854
WELCOME TO OUR SCHOOL!!!
We promote a positive partnership between home and school. We build on children’s skills and experiences when they join us. We hope you continue to enjoy taking an active and positive interest in what your child is doing at school. We welcome your comments and observations, and encourage you to visit school if you need information, or if you have any concerns. Look out for our weekly newsletters, and our termly curriculum information news-sheets.
Our school is built on the following aims:
- We create a positive atmosphere where everyone feels proud to contribute and work together, in making our school a happy and safe place.
- We ensure that every child receives the best possible start to school life, by providing broad and balanced teaching and learning opportunities.
- We support individuals in being responsible for their own actions, to learn acceptable behaviour, and understand right from wrong.
- We encourage individuals to respect and value other points of view in preparation for living in an ever – changing society.
- We deliver the best possible education through inspiring and challenging every individual’s potential to feel motivated in achieving their best.
- We recognise that we work in partnership with parents and others, to encourage the excitement of continued lifelong learning.
- We identify and celebrate every individual’s strengths, so that they are confident in building on their achievements, and sharing them with others.
Our school delivers the Foundation Stage Curriculum, Key Stage 1 curriculum and Key Stage 2 curriculum. St. Thomas Primary School is a one-form entry primary school, and where possible children are taught in single-age classes. Children can be taught on a one-to-one basis, in small groups, or in a whole class situation. Children also have some time together in assemblies, playtimes and other cross-school activities.
Our uniform is red, grey and white. It is smart, practical and affordable. The uniform gives our children a sense of identity, and we encourage them to take a pride in their appearance. We ask that children wear sensible, flat, well supportive, non-slip shoes. For safety we ask that children do not wear jewellery. All children with pierced ears should wear only one pair of small stud earrings.
|EXTENDED SCHOOLS PROGRAMME|
The latest initiative is beginning to impact on the choice of before and after school activities at St. Thomas Primary School. As these become available parents will be notified.
primary schools in Exeter,
secondary schools in Exeter,
schools in Exeter