|New Road, Starcross, EX6 8QD, UK Exeter|
+44 (0)1626 890454
WELCOME TO OUR SCHOOL!!!
We are an extremely hard-working, committed and friendly school, with the children at the centre of all that we do, and where partnership with home is encouraged and welcomed.
At Starcross Primary School we constantly strive to provide the highest quality learning opportunities for all children, in the safety and security of our premises, under the guidance of all our staff who are fully committed to delivering outstanding learning opportunities.
- To encourage all children to achieve their full potential in a safe, comfortable, happy school, which looks forward and which takes its place in the community
- To provide confidence, motivation and the highest standards for all from a consistent, united and approachable staff
- To foster an ethos of respect for all and cooperation
- To provide resources that enable a wide variety of learning opportunities, and which prepare everyone for the future
- To equip everyone with the emotional skills to deal with the highest demands and expectations
- To provide role models for all to aspire to
- To provide support and a caring environment for all
- To allow and encourage creativity, care, equality and empathy for others
- To promote a healthy attitude to everyday life
As well as the comfortable and exciting classrooms, we are very lucky to have a large hall,
a swimming pool, large play areas including a hard court area, some beautiful garden
space and our own computer suite. The millennium garden is a fantastic learning and play
resource for the children, and the adjacent village playing field and fitness trail ensure
every child has the opportunity to participate in regular physical activity.
In the foundation stage Reception class, the children follow the Foundation Curriculum.
Throughout the rest of the school, the National Curriculum, and the national Literacy and
Numeracy strategies are taught.
Normally, the majority of Literacy and Numeracy lessons are taught in the morning
sessions, in daily lessons dedicated to these subjects. The remaining areas of the
curriculum are usually taught in the afternoons, although often certain lessons are taught
through others by building links, for example, English is sometimes taught through the use
of computers and ICT, or Mathematics through Music.
Each year group has its own programmes of study set out, to ensure that children progress
properly, and that learning is continuous. At each stage in the child’s schooling (Foundation
/ Key Stage 1 / Key Stage 2) there are slight differences in the way that the curriculum is
At Starcross Primary School, we are extremely lucky to be able to offer a wide variety of
activities, depending on the time of year. We are currently offering an extensive range of
clubs such as:
Of course, during the summer months these may change, and additional clubs such as
athletics, netball, and golf may be offered.
- Key Stage 1 Games
- ICT club
- Art club
primary schools in Exeter,
secondary schools in Exeter,
schools in Exeter