|Sticklepath Primary School|
|Woodville Estate, EX31 2HH, UK Barnstaple|
+44 (0)1271 342455
WELCOME TO OUR SCHOOL!!!
Our aim is that Sticklepath Community School, by working in partnership with parents and the community, will be a happy and enriching environment. We hope that by celebrating the children's achievements, helping them fulfil their potential, respecting their differences and encouraging kindness, consideration and respect, we will foster self-esteem and provide a sound foundation for their future life.
We aim to provide a broad and balanced curriculum which meets the needs of all our pupils. English, Mathematics, Science, Information and Communication Technology (ICT) and RE are the core subjects of the curriculum and integrated alongside these are the foundation subjects of History, Geography, Design Technology, Art, Music, Physical Education and Personal, Social, Moral and Health Education.
We are very fortunate in having close links with the Queens Theatre in Barnstaple and the Beaford Arts Centre, Devon, helping us to ensure a curriculum which is rich in artistic, theatrical and multi-cultural experiences.
- To establish a reputation for excellence in the academic, social, moral,
physical and spiritual development of our children.
- To constantly strive to raise standards & to accept that this is the joint
responsibility of all staff & everyone in the school community.
- To give all pupils equal opportunities, regardless of race, culture, gender,
academic ability or physical ability or class, providing an environment free from
social, sexual or cultural prejudice in which all members of the school
community are respected as individuals.
- To enable and inspire our pupils to learn and achieve their full potential as a
sound foundation for their future life.
- To provide a safe, happy, enriching environment in which our pupils are motivated
- To promote pupils’ self esteem, encourage them to take responsibility for their
own work and foster consideration and respect for others.
- To promote a supportive, active and co-operative partnership between parents
and the school in the work of their children and to encourage all parents to
become actively involved in the life and work of the school as a whole.
- To encourage in service training and development for all members of the school
staff, Governors, parents or other helpers.
- To involve the community in the work of the school and enable the school to play
its part in the life of the community.
Starting school should be a happy transition from the
home to the classroom. We want your child to anticipate
school eagerly and to find it an enjoyable, interesting
and friendly place in which to learn.
Becoming one of a large group or class will mean that
your child cannot expect a teacher’s undivided attention,
he/she will need to become more independent.
primary schools in Barnstaple,
secondary schools in Barnstaple,
schools in Barnstaple