WELCOME TO OUR SCHOOL!!!
Our school has its roots in the Medieval times (1552) and has occupied several sites in the town. The current school was built in 1931 as a Grammar School, and then it was the Lower School for the Tavistock College and was then adapted to be a Primary School in 1991.
We are the only school locally to have a Maintained Nursery and so can take pupils from 3-11yrs. We usually have between 350 and 420 pupils. We also have a Nursery Plus (the first in Devon) and a CAIRB Centre (Communication and Interaction Resource Base) which underline and enhance our excellent reputation for providing for children with Additional Needs.
We offer good facilities with our own hall, library, Music Rooms, ICT suite and 19 interactive Whiteboards. There are three playgrounds, a dedicated Nursery play area and an environmental area on site. We make good use of the local environment for educational visits and trips, offering residential experiences in year 4/5 and 6. Children in year 4 go to Wembworthy for 3 days and 2 nights to study the beautiful locality in Tarka country.